Navigator gets dizzy!

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
kevho66
I'm new here
I'm new here

Navigator gets dizzy!

Postby kevho66 » Sun 30 Apr, 2006 10:42

My Hayward Navigator turns in circles until the hose gets twisted. I have replaced the feet and gearbox and I have taken it apart and verified it is clean.

Any suggestions?

rodney

Hayward Navigator help

Postby rodney » Mon 01 May, 2006 02:35

If the hose was stored coiled up you probably have a memory issue. The hose will try to recoil to the position it was stored in causing the navigator to run round in circles.
Tom Orlando

My Hayward Navigator turns in circles... Mine too!

Postby Tom Orlando » Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:26

I'm starting to have the same problem and looking for answers. My navigator and hose are only 4 months old and have not been stored (Live in Orlando so pool runs all year). I've cleaned the gearbox and the feet are still relatively new. If I hold the unit off the pool surface it continues to turn in circles so it appears that the gearbox is stuck on left turn.

Postby Guest » Fri 28 Sep, 2007 20:21

get in the pool and and hold the nav. by the top handle without taking it out of the water, while the pods are moving, stick you finger between the frame and the pod to feel the pressure of the kicking pod, do this on both sides, the weaker one is the one with a hair line crack where the screw is located, remove the plug covering the retaining screw and you will see an internal crack on that hole, as the pods are kicking the axle on the broken pods is just spinning so the pod doesn't have enough pressure and it looses motion, meanwhile the other one has full motion making it spin in very tight circles, just buy a full set of pods from Leslie's pools or Ebay which are even cheaper, but you will have to wait to get them in the mail. when replacing the pods make sure not to over tighten the holding screw or you will weaken the area and eventually will develop the crack over time and high use.
Donna

How to change the pods

Postby Donna » Wed 05 May, 2010 17:18

I ordered new pods for ny Navigator started to take off the old ones but I don't know how to remove the screws. They have a funny head. Has anyone changed them before. Thanks Donna

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”