Cloudy Pool

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
malindaryan

Cloudy Pool

Postby malindaryan » Wed 30 Apr, 2008 18:58

We forgot to winterize our pool this year which resulted in a pond green pool. I shocked it....nothing....we threw in some clarifier.....the green is gone and now we have a milky white pool. We used a floc which clears up the water until we go to vaccum it and it gets stirred up and we end up back with milky water. I have vaccumed over and over again with no results. I have used clarifier 2-3 times nothing.....floc....things sink to the bottom until it's stirred up again.....help. Now what?

Re: Cloudy Pool

Postby Guest » Wed 30 Apr, 2008 19:11

malindaryan wrote:We forgot to winterize our pool this year which resulted in a pond green pool. I shocked it....nothing....we threw in some clarifier.....the green is gone and now we have a milky white pool. We used a floc which clears up the water until we go to vaccum it and it gets stirred up and we end up back with milky water. I have vaccumed over and over again with no results. I have used clarifier 2-3 times nothing.....floc....things sink to the bottom until it's stirred up again.....help. Now what?
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Wed 30 Apr, 2008 20:15

You can use chlorine to clear your pool. Read this sticky on how to clear a pool of algae.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”