desjoyaux pool

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
fatmoggy104
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

desjoyaux pool

Postby fatmoggy104 » Thu 01 May, 2008 06:25

Hi everybody,
Im looking for some help i have got a desjoyaux pool ( french company)with a P11 filtration unit it looks a little like a portable toilet but it has no booklet and i want to know how to attach a vacuum for cleaning.
any help would be great. :)

jdlloyd1183

utopia pool vacuuming

Postby jdlloyd1183 » Thu 01 May, 2008 23:20

hi fatmoggy,
You need too obtain a few things from your local pool store, and there are tow ways you can do it. Who sold you your pool, or who built it? Check with them, providing you know who they are, and see if they have the vac plates to go over the skimmer basket(s) that are specifically designed for your utopia pool. if you have two baskets, one plate will block one skimmer, and one will have a hole in it for your vacuum hose on the other skimmer. If you cant obtain these, i can for you, just ask. Otherwise, you can cheat, but be careful. All you need is a regular inground pool skimmer vac plate, preferably a Hayward Skim-Vac, vac hose, telescoping pole, vac head, and a 5 gallon bucket lid to block suction in one of the skimmer baskets. If you only have one basket, thenyou dont need the latter, just prime your vac hose, hook up your equipment and vac away!
fatmoggy104
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

desjoyaux pool

Postby fatmoggy104 » Fri 02 May, 2008 07:04

Hi JD Lloyd
thanks for your reply and help.
I have looked at the filter it has one skimmer basket and sat on top are two plates but only sat on top not attached to the basket. one has three holes in it and the other has one hole and two raised circles im hoping they fit together and the vac fits in the middle, but were do they fit on the basket?
jdlloyd1183

vacuuming

Postby jdlloyd1183 » Mon 05 May, 2008 07:34

IF you only have one filter bag and one skimmer basket, then set the plate with one hole in it on the top of the skimmer basket with the pump running, and the suction should pull it down then your hose should fit in that one hole so you can vacuum. Be careful if you have TOO much suction, use the one with 3 holes. They just set on the basket, nospecial interlocking mechanisim just drop it on top of the basketit will be a perfect fit
fatmoggy104
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

desjoyaux pool

Postby fatmoggy104 » Mon 05 May, 2008 14:37

hi jdlloyd
many thanks :D :D

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”