Opening Pool

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
VoilesK

Opening Pool

Postby VoilesK » Tue 02 May, 2006 09:04

I have an aboveground pool and for the last two years have used Baquacil. I had trouble last year with white algae. After talking with the pool place here I fluccoed three times and vacuumed the pool out each time after scrubbing down the sides. This lasted about 6-8 weeks last year. The pool was clear when I closed it in September. We opened the pool last night and I was shocked by what I saw. The sides and the bottom of the pool looks like it has yellow scum all over it. It actually peels off in layers. When I tried to use the pole to get it out is just flows through it. I am trying to figure out if I should vacuum to waste first before I do anything. I am planning on converting the pool to Nature 2 so I'm unsure what all I need to do. Any suggestions?

Pool Prof

Convert pool to chlorine

Postby Pool Prof » Tue 02 May, 2006 15:20

First you have to get off the Baquacil. This can cause loads of problems. You will need to flush the filter and shock with chlorine.

Mineral sanitizers like Nature2 are NOT compatible with the Baqua so be certain you have none in the pool before changing over. Also check out the Pool Wizard as an alternative - cheaper than the Nature2, easier to use and more effective.

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”