got water from green to greenish/blue

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
android6011

got water from green to greenish/blue

Postby android6011 » Tue 13 May, 2008 13:17

We bought a new house and the pool's water was dark green. Based on some things I read, we poured 2 jugs of chlorine in the water and it went from dark green to a bluish green and after adding more chlorine things havnt changed from the bluish green. We were told that we had to get all the leaves of the bottom first so after hours of doing that it seems they are all gone now. So what should we do to get it clean?

The people we bought the house from couldnt tell us how many gallons the pool was so I was also looking for advice on how to find out how many gallons it may be. Also, the only other thing to say about it is that it is gunite. If I can provide any other information for your suggestions please let me know. Thanks so much in advance for your help

android6011

Postby android6011 » Tue 13 May, 2008 14:17

Also, there is a hot tub that flows with the pool. there is a waterfall type thing that causes water from the hottub to go into the pool. here is a picture of the pool http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/3/11/876372/100_0290.JPG its too big or i would have just added it as an image
SummerTimeLove
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby SummerTimeLove » Tue 13 May, 2008 21:22

Nice pool!

What I'd suggest is posting your #'s so we can accurately determine what is exactly going on. :wink:

Without them, we can't help. :?

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”