Diamond Brite

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
pinechick

Diamond Brite

Postby pinechick » Thu 15 May, 2008 06:09

I have a white plaster surface in the pool that needs to be replaced. Can I plaster diamond brite right over top or do I need to remove it and adhere the diamond brite to the concrete walls?

muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Fri 16 May, 2008 22:42

Discuss it with the company who would do the resurfacing but it should be fine as long as the old white plaster is clean and rough. It can be roughened up with a strong acid wash.
APSP Certified Service Pro
Jandy Tech School
Pentair Tech Training
Raypak Heater School
5 yrs experience
pinechick

diamond brit

Postby pinechick » Sun 18 May, 2008 01:19

If I roughened it up, could I omit the bond coat the pool store is suggesting for an additional $300.00 USD dollars (we pay major tax on things here in the Caribbean). No pool companies down here, we had to google it and tell our builder what to do. However, we slacked the day he read off the info for the pool tiles, and they are coming off due it a water solubile adhesive!
Thanks Muss or anyone for some advice or info we can gleam from you!
muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Sun 18 May, 2008 07:12

Usually yes you can forgo bond coat if the plaster is REALLY rough. However, this type of acid wash is difficult because the concentration is so high (1:1 water to acid) and being in the carribean i know you must be very eco friendly. If your plaster is still smooth i'd just go with the bond coat because you would probably pay the same for the amount of acid you would need. The plaster needs to be about as rough as medium grit sand paper. Where in the carribean are you? I yearly travel down to st. croix for a month and sometimes work for a company called Sanitation Solutions for a week or two if they need help. They operate in the USVI so if you are on one of these islands I could give you their number.
APSP Certified Service Pro

Jandy Tech School

Pentair Tech Training

Raypak Heater School

5 yrs experience
pinechick

Postby pinechick » Sun 18 May, 2008 18:34

No, I'm in the Grenada. Any connections down here? Whole thing is a mess.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”