ENJOY brand pool chemicals

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??

Postby Guest » Thu 25 Jun, 2009 12:39

My husband was told it was silver we love it hair and skin look great! We just have a hard time finding it. It is sooooo much better then salt water systems

Eddy

Postby Eddy » Sat 27 Jun, 2009 10:50

Hello, I have a 21' x 54" round pool, which is the best shape, because all leaves and dirt end up in the middle of the pool for easy cleaning. I have been using Enjoy for eight years. I'm very satisfied and I can't imagine using anything else.I put the tablets in the skimmer once a month, spread a bottle of Enjoy on pool surface and then pour four ounces of Algaecide-30 then four ounces of Ultra Blue. The last two products from Aqua Pro. I use a net type skimmer that fastens via velcro to pool rail and it removes everything even pollen, which is the most difficult to deal with. I vacuum when needed, which varies according to use. I attribute my crystal clear water for the most part to my filter, which is a cartridge type. I bought one that was designed for a larger pool. I did this for extra capacity. This filter doesn't need to be back washed, in fact it only gains 4-6 Lbs for the whole season then I soak it with $10. bottle of cartridge cleaner,and buy the way this is the same cartridge that came with the pool then let it dry and I'm ready for next season. Another important tip is to use a premium pool cover with a cable fastener or clips or both. Every spring ,except for one, because of a hole which is easy to patch,I take the cover off and the water is clear. the cover is eight years old too. I clean, dry and fold the cover for storage. It also helps that the dealer offers free water testing.
I hope this helps anyone who has trouble keeping their pool clean.

Eddy
junkjax

Postby junkjax » Thu 02 Jul, 2009 12:44

I have been using Enjoy for 6 years. I use it because it is suppose to be gentle on my wifes hair, chlorine messes up her expensive hair dyes and Enjoy does not bother it, it is easy to maintain the pool with it although the purple pucks sometimes leave a stain, , it can be expensive, they do make several diff. sizes for diff. size pools. lots of luck.
jimnterri

Postby jimnterri » Tue 04 Aug, 2009 17:39

Check at garypool.net. I found Enjoy there.
POOLGRL

Postby POOLGRL » Sun 09 Aug, 2009 19:23

I just started using Enjoy this season and I have these stains that are brownish black on the bottom of the pool. They were not there when we opened the pool. I am guessing it is the black pucks we use with the Enjoy. Does anyone know how to get rid of these stains? I've tried everything.
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Mon 10 Aug, 2009 01:40

This is probably copper staining from the Enjoy products (but others on this thread just seem to love this product -- they had better test their copper levels and make sure the pH doesn't get too high). Read this link for info on removing metal stains.
Corina

Postby Corina » Wed 14 Apr, 2010 09:20

I am a pool owner of 20 years & managed a pool store 20 years ago. I have used chlorine & baquacil, but never enjoy. I think the reason they sold you the enjoy product is because you are a new pool owner & enjoy is an all in one kit. It probably is not cheaper over the long run. Baquacil is more expensive then chlorine but is less harsh on your hair, bathing suits, skin, etc. It is all liquid so nothing needs to be mixed and your maintenance is a lot less! If time is an issue and money is not then baquacil is probably a good choice. I am a chlorine user and would choose it every time! I have 5 kids, work full-time & once summer is here my pool needs to be perfect since I have 15 kids in the pool almost everyday. Here are the basics 1. Take a sample of water to your local pool store & have them test for stabilization,ph, alkalinity, chlorine & minerals. 2. Add stabilization if it is needed since this is what will give your chlorine the lasting power it needs for everyday. Be careful, stabilizer can be harmful to you if the correct amount is already in the pool and add it again. Unless you lose a lot if water and add fresh there should be some left in ( yes, year to year). 3. Buy stabilized chlorine ( this is the big difference between the cheaper versions. There are 3 choices 1" round, 3" round & granulated. Some people use the granulated because they don't want a floater in the pool that holds the chlorine. The granulated should be dissolved & poured thru the skimmer, not around the pool since it may stain the liner. The tablets can be placed in a floater or placed in the skimmer. I prefer the 3" in the skimmer since the kids would knock the floater over & the tablets would end up on the pool liner & have a stain. 4. Add alkalinity increase if it is low. 5.Adjust the ph with plus or minus so that the level is correct. 6. Add some type of metal remover if there is any present. Metals can leave stains on the steps & liner if not treated. It can also be harsh on the pool equiptment. 7. Algaecide- the cheaper is not better & doesn't work as well so I usually use a 60 %. 8. Shock- there is a chlorine version & a non chlorine version. The chlorine version is for weekly shocking & the non chlorine is done once a month. I know it seems overwhelming but if you make sure everything is balanced you will have sparkling clear water. Aside from the stabilizer, you should buy a test strip that shows the chlorine, ph & alkalinity levels. Test twice a week & adjust those 3 things. Shock the pool once a week & add algaecide once a month. You will only need to add metal treatment if you add a lot if water. Non chlorine shock once a month. IMPORTANT: if you have a lot of swimmers in the pool ( kids/going to the bthroom in the pool, suntan oils & lotion, human oils from your skin & hair) will use up the chlorine faster since the chlorine is being "eaten" up by those contaminants. Extreme heat along with rain can also use the chlorine up faster. If you know it's going to rain add some shock to raise the chlorine level so you won't get green water! It really is easy once you get the hang of it. As long as your chlorine level & ph is correct you should have great water. Don't shock & add algaecide right after or you will get foam. Good luck & when you take the water sample to be tested know how big your pool is. The length, width, how deep the shallow & deep end is. They will give you the amount of gallons in your pool. Remember that number since every chemical you add you will have to figure out how much of each item to add based on the gallon range on the bottle. Too much is not always better! Most of all, HAVE FUN!
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Wed 14 Apr, 2010 11:35

You don't need most of the extra products you mentioned -- no algaecides, phosphate removers, clarifiers, weekly shocks, etc. are needed. Chlorine alone, with proper management of the CYA level, is all that is needed unless you have metals in your water in which case a metal sequestrant is also needed. For plaster or fiberglass pools, management of pH, TA, CH for the saturation index is also required (and generally you want the pH somewhat near 7.5 as well even in vinyl pools). You can read more about how to maintain a pool simply and inexpensively by reading the Pool School. In particular, learn about the chlorine/CYA relationship since that is key to avoiding most extra products. You can use The Pool Calculator to calculate dosages.

I only use 12.5% chlorinating liquid in my 16,000 gallon pool shown here and here plus a small amount of acid every month or two and it costs around $15 per month in chemicals. I have a mostly opaque electric safety cover so my chlorine usage is relatively low at around 1 ppm FC per day though the pool is used every day for 1-2 hours during the week and longer on weekends. I add chlorine twice a week. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

Richard
Mclarkus

Postby Mclarkus » Fri 21 May, 2010 12:29

I have used Enjoy for years. It says once-a-week, but depending on if you use a solar cover, it could be less.
It is an easy product to use, just add one container a week and one "puck tablet" every two weeks.

I buy it right from a local store, but you can by it online.
It does cost about $60/month, but for the most part it is maintenace free.
like I said,if you have a solar cover, and its on 100% of the time and it's hot and sunny, make sure you test the water after about 4-5 days or so. Other wise dump a bottle in a week an walk away.

Postby Guest » Mon 24 May, 2010 16:03

Hi,

I have been using enjoy in a 15,000 gal. pool since 1998. Absolutly the best prodect out there. I also use a cartridge for my filter. No cleaning or changing sand. Just wash it after the season is done. You should only be buying the box of Enjoy for a 15,000 gal pool. One bottle a week. I just paid $194. for 2 boxes on sale.

Enjoy!!

Hi,
I am switching from baquacil to ENJOY. I have already removed baquacil from my pool and changed the sand in the filter. I purchased an ENJOY kit that is good for 30,000 gallons. My pool has approx. 14,000 gallons. The instructions says to disolve all the "pucks" in the skimmer and use 3 bottles once a week. Because my pool only has 14,000 gallons of water should I only use 1.5 bottles once a week?

Thanks.

Jim[/quote]
may

Postby may » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 12:13

HELLO I AM A POOL AND SPA DEALER. I ALSO AM NEW TO THIS ENJOY. AFTER SOME HARD RESEARCH I TO HAVE COME TO THINK THIS IS A GREAT PRODUCT. IF YOU ARE IN MY AREA WOOLWICH TWP. NEW JERSEY, STOP BY.
I WILL HAVE THIS PRODUCT IN STOCK BEFORE THE WEEK IS OUT.
MAY
MANAGER OF SEAHORSE TOO POOLS & SPAS
dirkel

Postby dirkel » Fri 12 Nov, 2010 17:24

I've been using Enjoy for 4 years. I am very happy with it.
It is pricey, though, and I try to stretch it, by using small amounts of "foriegn but equivalent" clorine.
I never had a problem with that.

However, the store owner I bought it from opined that the pucks were a means of introducing colliodal silver, not copper.

Perhaps I can check, but not till next year, when I get some more.
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Fri 12 Nov, 2010 22:38

Enjoy® is one of many N.Jonas products as shown here. It has a chlorinating product for a low level of chlorine (0.5 ppm) which might be what is added weekly (or that could be a non-chlorine shock) and the monthly tabs might add copper ions to prevent algae. It's unlikely to only add silver ion since that will not prevent algae growth. This is basically very similar to other copper ion products that also use a low-level of chlorine. The risks are of staining if the copper levels and/or pH get too high (especially with plaster pools) and improper disinfection if the chlorine level is not able to be maintained.
gmel

Postby gmel » Wed 24 Nov, 2010 10:23

POOLGRL wrote:I just started using Enjoy this season and I have these stains that are brownish black on the bottom of the pool. They were not there when we opened the pool.
I am guessing it is the black pucks we use with the Enjoy. Does anyone know how to get rid of these stains? I've tried everything.

I have used enjoy for prob over 5 yrs... love it but have to use algecide when it gets hot
shgeary

Postby shgeary » Mon 30 May, 2011 13:36

I use the enjoy system and have for 3 years. I love it. It is easy to use, and my water is crystal clear! Good luck!

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”