blue cloudy water

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
splasher

blue cloudy water

Postby splasher » Sun 18 May, 2008 16:08

new here..I have seen this subject here before, but I would like to try again with my situation.
We have a Splash pool (above ground) 5000 gals.
Blue cloudy water. Use Bacasil. Shocked pool a week ago, and added sanitizer and algaeside. At the time I had green water, it turned light blue and cloudy. Took a sample to pool store and had it tested. Guy said it is high in copper (unfortunatly dont have the readings because we just went with his recommendations) He said only way to get rid of copper is to drain and refill (by half). We have drained and refilled 1/2 the water, still cloudy, drainded and refilled 1/2 again, still cloudy. Is there a chemical (floc) that I can use for copper? any other ideas?
Plus, I hear alot obout backwashing filters, is that only with filtration filters (sand) or is for all pump systems ( I am new to pump/filter use) ours has a cartridge and has never been backwashed because I dont know what that is..can someone explain....

My husband is tired of draining and using so much water...........HELP! :(
Thanks.................

splasher

Postby splasher » Sun 18 May, 2008 19:22

new problem, the water has white whispy things floating in it now...?
splasher

Postby splasher » Sun 18 May, 2008 19:30

well someone could at least tell me what backwashing is? I take it it does not apply to above ground pools? ???
Highlander

Postby Highlander » Sun 18 May, 2008 19:58

Keep running your filter 24 hours. As long as you have enough chlourine in the pool it will eventually clear up. Remember to vaccuum often.

Backwashing is for sand filters. I have a cartgide so I don't have to do that. Good luck. Right now I'm in the same boat with my cloudy water.

Postby Guest » Sun 18 May, 2008 22:09

thanks, I will try that.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”