What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
Watergirl
I'm new here
I'm new here

Biogard chemicals???

Postby Watergirl » Mon 19 May, 2008 08:24

When we bought our 28' above ground, deep swim (22,000) pool they naturally started us on their product line (Biogard). Our water is always sparkling and clear and we've been very happy with the results. The problem is it is so expensive, is there anything out there that is comparable but less expensive? Thanking you in advance.

muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Mon 19 May, 2008 19:57

I dont want to knock any pool chemical company but you can get most everything at the grocery store or home depot/lowes for much cheaper. pH decreaser is sodium bisulfate which is a granular acid. Muriatic acid (liquid) works just as well and quicker as it doesnt need to dissolve (HD/Lowes). The conditioner or stabalizer is cyanuric acid (HD/Lowes). Muriatic acid is also used to lower TA. To raise the total alkalinity you use sodium bicarbonate also know as baking soda- regular arm and hammer is fine. Chlorine- regular unscented bleach. Check the active ingredients in your chemicals and you can find them at these locations.
APSP Certified Service Pro
Jandy Tech School
Pentair Tech Training
Raypak Heater School
5 yrs experience
Watergirl
I'm new here
I'm new here

Chemicals

Postby Watergirl » Tue 20 May, 2008 08:43

muss08,
thanks so much for the quick response and the info, i am printing it out to show my husband.

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”