Milky foam on surface.

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.

Re: Milky foam on surface.

Postby Guest » Sun 03 Jul, 2005 04:02

Buck wrote:Cannot seem to get rid of this milk color foam and slick on the surface of my pool water. When I backwash, it looks like the foam in a washing machine. Anybody have the same problem and can you help me clean up this.
Thanks,
Buck

Re: Milky foam on surface.

Postby Guest » Sun 03 Jul, 2005 04:03

Buck wrote:Cannot seem to get rid of this milk color foam and slick on the surface of my pool water. When I backwash, it looks like the foam in a washing machine. Anybody have the same problem and can you help me clean up this.
Thanks,
Buck
katsu1123

Postby katsu1123 » Mon 22 Aug, 2005 20:28

i also have foam on my pool surface. and i notice its whenever i put clearifier, or algecide. it never happened before. if u find an answer to this problem could u please post it. i was thinking maybe i need new sand in my filter.
GRAHAM

Milky foam on surface.

Postby GRAHAM » Tue 05 Feb, 2013 23:49

I have a 50 litre saltwater pool with (I think) 6ppm chlorine mixed into the pool by auto chlorinator. I suffer the same problem with soapy slick. I have pretty much stopped this problem using 400ml of "4 in 1" clarifier each fortnight. My pool is let to the public 7 days per week and I have found the slick more obvious (sorry girls) after ladies with makeup and other deoderants etc. Sun tan oils are especially bad.
It is therefore vital that swimmers are encouraged to shower prior to pool entry. However, that said, the above "Floc" will keep it at bay. Also, yes the algaeside will react with some chlorinators. It does with mine. Mine generates a "Bromine" type of chlorine (so I'm told).
I have therefore minimised my use of this product, although I clean twice per week (we have about 40 swimmers per day) I have to clean off the fats on the sides but I now only wash my rubber mates once per month (high water presssure the rest) . This has also improved it.
Finally....turn down the entry rate of chlorine. The higher the chlorine entry, the greater reaction with pool "fats" and algaesides.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”