brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
azcard
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Vacumming Problem

Postby azcard » Tue 20 May, 2008 18:38

Hello-

I have an inground vinyl lined pool around 10000 gallons. I have a Mytilust Titron FMY 100 Cartridge Filter. When I go to vacuum the dirt comes right back out the return holes back into the pool. I cleaned the filter and had the same problem. So I bought a new filter last night and had the same issue. I have been fighting algae but shop-vacced the majority of the algae out over the last couple weekends. There really isn't that much on the bottom that it should be shooting through a new filter. The water gets clear, then I vaccum and its all cloudy again because it just shoots back in the pool. I've added a ton of ultrabright to the water.

Is it possible that the debris in there is just to fine? Any other ideas what it may be or solutions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cara

Postby Cara » Wed 21 May, 2008 17:40

Well, I just posted the same issue, and what I have decided to do, before I clean the sand or replace it, is vacuum to waste. I haven't done it yet because I'm working but we over filled the pool so that when we do vacuum to waste we can afford the water loss. If you try this can you post your results....or I will when I try it. Probably tomorrow...
azcard
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Postby azcard » Thu 22 May, 2008 11:36

I don't think I have that option with a cartridge filter. If I do I don't know about it. I have to remove the cartridge and hose it off to clean it. I can't backwash. Let me know if that works. I'm thinking I may install a sand filter.
Cara

Postby Cara » Sat 24 May, 2008 10:58

After MANY vacuuming attempts, I ended up sticking an old nylon over my skimmer basket and vacuumed all the fine stuff right up, it took about 3 times to get it all, but it's now all gone. I was a little surprised that the nylon picked it all up and not my filter, but it did and now the water looks great. I have seen skimmer basket liners in the pool store so I can't see using a nylon being a problem.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”