CLOUDY BLUE WATER!!

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
Smitty

CLOUDY BLUE WATER!!

Postby Smitty » Thu 19 Apr, 2012 17:21

You need to change your sand in your filter and check the manifold for a crack(the pipe that run through the middle of filter

teen

CLOUDY BLUE WATER!!

Postby teen » Sun 01 Jul, 2012 14:17

guess im not going to use the floc, my pool is cloudy and have tryed EVERYTHING?? its been a week of backwashing,vacuming,and still cloudy.. not really sure now what to use? good luck with your pool
Ray & Cheryl

CLOUDY BLUE WATER!!

Postby Ray & Cheryl » Wed 04 Jul, 2012 11:50

Cloudy Pool Problem Solved With Quick Drain
This has been the most discouraging pool opening ever!!!!!!!! We have had a pool since 1985, we presently have a Jacuzzi pump and filter . This year…our pool water has been SO cloudy that we could NOT see the top rung of the ladder….let alone the bottom of the pool. The chemical readings were fine, we even went as far as changing the filter sand and still no good results, it seemed no matter what we did ended at a dead end. Then we got this bright idea to shut the pool down for one night, well would you believe it in the morning….everything had settled to the bottom….CLEAR….we could see the pool bottom the ladder everything!!!!! At this point it wasn’t hard to figure out what was going on, by keeping the pool running…this very light…almost like a talcum powder was forced to circulate or crawl if you will through the water keeping the pool cloudy, with the pool off for several hours it had a chance to settle to the bottom in pockets all over…NOW TO GET RID OF IT!!!! We used this new idea called “QUICK DRAIN” (check it out @ http://www.bargainpoolproducts.com or http://www.randcinnovations.com ). With this new amazing device we were able to very quickly vacuum (with filter on waste) all of the pollutant from the pool. In order to completely eradicate the pollutant we knew there was going to be a good amount of water loss meaning the pool water level would probably need to go down below the skimmer also meaning that the pump would no longer be able to run. Thanks to Quick Drain which allows you to continue vacuuming with the water level BELOW the skimmer we didn’t need to shut the pool down. Once finished vacuuming with the filter dial back in the filter position we left Quick Drain inserted in the skimmer to continue recirculating the water until (with the help of a garden hose) it regained its original depth @ the skimmer, this also allowed us to continue enjoying our pool while Quick Drain was doing the work…. “QUICK DRAIN”…an amazing product
yurm om

CLOUDY BLUE WATER!!

Postby yurm om » Sun 05 Aug, 2012 16:46

What a dumb b.i.t.c.h. ^

CLOUDY BLUE WATER!!

Postby Guest » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 07:54

First take a water sample to a reputable pool store they usually do it for free and tell them you added Floc
I flocked mine about 20 years ago and hope I never have to again
It is a long process that way because once the particles drop to the bottom and you start to sweep
the fine lightweight partials start to float making it impossible to see again and again. There will be a product the pool place will suggest that will catch the particals and bring them to the top and out the skimmer
so you can keep your filter running also this way you can swim which also helps gets the
particles up and out.
Deb K

CLOUDY BLUE WATER!!

Postby Deb K » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 15:43

I have used flocculant before. I found key points were:

Use correct amount
Recirculate water for 2-3 hours (RECIRCULATE so floc does not travel through filter)
Turn pump off until everything drops to bottom (this may be over 24 hours)
Vacuum to waste

You really don't want the flocculant in your sand filter. Good luck all. Floc is a tedious bitch but it works.
mark045

CLOUDY BLUE WATER!!

Postby mark045 » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 01:46

hahahahahaha, i reckon it's you mullins that does not have the clue. touch wood.
ARRRRGHHHHHH!!!

CLOUDY BLUE WATER!!

Postby ARRRRGHHHHHH!!! » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 00:09

Hi,

Cloudy Blue Water... I was wondering if you ever managed to clear up your pool water, and if so... How? I added Floc and exactly the same thing happened to my water, I have tried adding Clear blue to little or no ovail. My chemical levels etc are balanced nicely but the water looks extremely cloudy. Please help if you can.

Thanks
texpeach25

CLOUDY BLUE WATER!!

Postby texpeach25 » Fri 31 May, 2013 18:43

We have flocked our pool on several occasions and are about to do it again this evening bc we had a lot of rain a few weeks ago & we are just now getting it back under control. It DOES WORK!! Everyone we know does it & it works. We do NOT run the pool very long after we flock and it has to sit quite a while for it to clear up. It also does NOT seem effective to use our automated vac. We use a hand held bc the automated stirs up the water too much so it just stirs it up & it continues to look cloudy. We use a very long pole & long hose.
I can understand your frustration but flock DOES WORK!
Clearwater

CLOUDY BLUE WATER!!

Postby Clearwater » Mon 03 Jun, 2013 21:43

To clear murky water, try using Alum (Aluminum Sulfate) you can purchase this in most pool supply stores, they don't recommend this product because it doesn't cost much and they want to make a killing selling you products that may or may not work quickly enough.

Turn off your pool....sprinkle some of the Alum over the surface of the pool but don't over do it....wait 12 hours...vacum the pool slowly with the filter setting on waste! Replace the lost water, filter, and back wash every 4 hours for a min or two......The water usually clears up within the first 12 hours...if it is not clear...turn off pump...let all the debris settle to the bottom of the pool and repeat the vacum process...DO NOT ADD MORE ALUM (ALUMINUM SULFATE).

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”