HAYWARD SWIM PRO VOYAGER CARTRIDGE FILTER

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
DEBINIL
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby DEBINIL » Tue 27 May, 2008 15:28

We are new pool owners. Everything was running good for 2 full days. We added all the chemicals we were told to, left pump and filter running for at the least 6 hrs on day #2. We shut everything off for a few hours, when started back up we could hear the filter sucking air from the top. We let water out of filter, check to make sure cartridge was in correctly, reached into bottom to make sure there was anything in there. I dug out some sand, not a ton. Reassembled everything, let filter fill back up. Same thing happening. Is it possible the relieve valve o'ring went bad or pressure gauge o'ring went bad. We check them both, they look ok. The air feels and sound like it's being suck through that way. No water is leaking from the center where the two halves of the filter come together. Please help!!! Also, we noticed the water has a yellow film on top.

DEB

Re: HAYWARD SWIM PRO VOYAGER CARTRIDGE FILTER

Postby Guest » Tue 27 May, 2008 19:33

When you shut your equipment off can you hear air being sucked in? The pressure gauge and air relief valves are easy to remove and put back on. You might take them off and check the orings. It may be as simple as tightening the gauge a bit.

If you can hear the air being sucked in you should be able to pinpoint exactly where it is happening. I use a pressure gauge and air relief valve that comes without oring and I use teflon tape to wrap the threads before installation.

DEBINIL wrote:We are new pool owners. Everything was running good for 2 full days. We added all the chemicals we were told to, left pump and filter running for at the least 6 hrs on day #2. We shut everything off for a few hours, when started back up we could hear the filter sucking air from the top. We let water out of filter, check to make sure cartridge was in correctly, reached into bottom to make sure there was anything in there. I dug out some sand, not a ton. Reassembled everything, let filter fill back up. Same thing happening. Is it possible the relieve valve o'ring went bad or pressure gauge o'ring went bad. We check them both, they look ok. The air feels and sound like it's being suck through that way. No water is leaking from the center where the two halves of the filter come together. Please help!!! Also, we noticed the water has a yellow film on top.
DEBINIL
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby DEBINIL » Wed 28 May, 2008 10:54

Thanks for your prompt respons. I finally found a person about 50 miles from us that works on these types of filters and pumps. When I talked to him yesterday he says the water is pushing out not sucking in. Which makes sense once we thought about how everything is flowing. We put some lube on the o'ring of the pressure gauge, but that didn't help any. After the 3rd discussion with the place we bought the pool from I got a hold of the manager. He could sense my frustration, so I went out to the pool and turned it on so he could hear it. It was so loud, but the pump it self looked fine and there wasn't any noise coming from it and the output flow back into the pool was very strong. He then advised us to bring the filter top of the tank in and he'd exchange it. We'll see if this fixes anything. Thanks again for your prompt response. We'll keep this on file in case it happens again.
DEB
Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Denali » Thu 29 May, 2008 03:42

Sure thing. Best of luck with it.

DEBINIL wrote:Thanks for your prompt respons. I finally found a person about 50 miles from us that works on these types of filters and pumps. When I talked to him yesterday he says the water is pushing out not sucking in. Which makes sense once we thought about how everything is flowing. We put some lube on the o'ring of the pressure gauge, but that didn't help any. After the 3rd discussion with the place we bought the pool from I got a hold of the manager. He could sense my frustration, so I went out to the pool and turned it on so he could hear it. It was so loud, but the pump it self looked fine and there wasn't any noise coming from it and the output flow back into the pool was very strong. He then advised us to bring the filter top of the tank in and he'd exchange it. We'll see if this fixes anything. Thanks again for your prompt response. We'll keep this on file in case it happens again.
livewire

Postby livewire » Tue 14 Apr, 2009 10:49

Denali wrote:Sure thing. Best of luck with it.

DEBINIL wrote:Thanks for your prompt respons. I finally found a person about 50 miles from us that works on these types of filters and pumps. When I talked to him yesterday he says the water is pushing out not sucking in. Which makes sense once we thought about how everything is flowing. We put some lube on the o'ring of the pressure gauge, but that didn't help any. After the 3rd discussion with the place we bought the pool from I got a hold of the manager. He could sense my frustration, so I went out to the pool and turned it on so he could hear it. It was so loud, but the pump it self looked fine and there wasn't any noise coming from it and the output flow back into the pool was very strong. He then advised us to bring the filter top of the tank in and he'd exchange it. We'll see if this fixes anything. Thanks again for your prompt response. We'll keep this on file in case it happens again.
kolleen

Postby kolleen » Wed 16 Jun, 2010 10:25

when i vaccum,the dirt on the bottom sucks threw the vaccum threw the filter and comes back into the pool from the water pressure outtake

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”