low pressure when vacuuming Please Help

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
bsearle

low pressure when vacuuming Please Help

Postby bsearle » Tue 27 May, 2008 18:06

i have a 20,000 gallon in-ground pool. When I put my port on both the bottom and the skimmer port I get no air in the lines. So when I put it on the skimmer port I will get in the lines and it blows in through the jets. so I have to vacuum with it on both the bottom and skimmer port. Get very low suction this way. i just put new sand in the sand filter last season. When I turn the pump on and off a little water will come up from the port selector. Could air be getting in there when I choose a different port and loose suction to vacuum. It just seems weird when I have both ports on no sir in the lines but when I go to the other ports it lets air in the lines. Please help and appreciate any assistance that anybody could offer. Thank you

Postby Guest » Wed 28 May, 2008 21:52

i'm sure you have a valve just before the pump basket, and it probably says "jandy" on it. it will have 6 or 8 phillips head screws on top. remove the screws, then remove the lid. replace and lubricate the oring on the lid, and replace the diverter inside. should cost you about $40. also replace the oring or gasket on the pump lid. that should fix the problem.

Postby Guest » Wed 28 May, 2008 21:53

also you could just simply have a vac hose with a hole in it if it is above water while attached to the skimmer.
bsearle

Postby bsearle » Thu 29 May, 2008 09:18

Anonymous wrote:i'm sure you have a valve just before the pump basket, and it probably says "jandy" on it. it will have 6 or 8 phillips head screws on top. remove the screws, then remove the lid. replace and lubricate the oring on the lid, and replace the diverter inside. should cost you about $40. also replace the oring or gasket on the pump lid. that should fix the problem.

Thanks I tried what you said and it seems to be working but the gasket on the port separator is bad. It is a Hayward Dial a Flow and I searched all over the internet and couldn't find one. I would just like to replace the inner part not the entire thing which consists of re-plumbing. Thanks for all your help and quick response. Slowly learning the art of pool maintenance.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”