water green

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
sandyb
I'm new here
I'm new here

water green

Postby sandyb » Wed 28 May, 2008 07:39

My daughter has an inground pool.They have spent lots of money trying to get it ready. The water is still green.PH is fine .They have shocked it,and used the flocc.,to settle the stuff to bottom.Any suggestions?
Thanks

Postby Guest » Thu 29 May, 2008 21:08

Post her #s here.

We want FC, TA, CYA, PH. If she doesn't have a test kit, tell her to take a sample to her local pool store and post those #'s here.

Can't help without it. :?
ukswimmingpoolcompany

Re: water green

Postby ukswimmingpoolcompany » Sun 12 Oct, 2008 12:27

sandyb wrote:My daughter has an inground pool.They have spent lots of money trying to get it ready. The water is still green.PH is fine .They have shocked it,and used the flocc.,to settle the stuff to bottom.Any suggestions?
Thanks
pismopoolman

green water

Postby pismopoolman » Wed 15 Oct, 2008 15:55

green water is caused by several things most commonly algee after shocking pool the green will turn to a gray this gray is dead algee.the dead agee must be fillterd out and the filter must be cleaned every time the pressure rises 7lbs continue process untill water clears up. Copper is another cause of green tinted water keep the ph at 7.6 to prevent copper being striped from the heater. also check pool for phosphates .phosphates are a food that algee thrive on .

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”