DE Filter low flow

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Chreepo
I'm new here
I'm new here

DE Filter low flow

Postby Chreepo » Wed 28 May, 2008 15:26

I just opened my pool yesterday(Tuesday). The pool was fairly dirty. I started up the filter, added the DE and let it run. I had to regenerate the pump a few times, and when that didn't work, I backwashed it. I have gone through this 3 times, the last time completely taking apart the filter and washing all the old DE out. I put in new DE, and an hour later I have rto regenerate again, and now I am doing it every 10 - 15 minutes. The water is a bit cloudy, but much better than what it was. Do I have to keep changing the DE every couple of hours? ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Wed 28 May, 2008 19:33

I just opened my pool yesterday(Tuesday). The pool was fairly dirty. I started up the filter, added the DE and let it run. I had to regenerate the pump a few times, and when that didn't work, I backwashed it. I have gone through this 3 times, the last time completely taking apart the filter and washing all the old DE out. I put in new DE, and an hour later I have rto regenerate again, and now I am doing it every 10 - 15 minutes. The water is a bit cloudy, but much better than what it was. Do I have to keep changing the DE every couple of hours? ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

you have to regenerate the pump?
do you mean prime it by adding water to the pump basket?
If you are getting air in pump you need to check water level in pool, lube pump lid O-ring to start. The filter is not going to cause the pump to not prime with water.
a little more info will help.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”