blue cloudy water to green semi-clear water???

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
emilee23

blue cloudy water to green semi-clear water???

Postby emilee23 » Sat 31 May, 2008 20:09

my water was cloudy blue. I worked and worked to get the number I have which are:

free clorine: 3
pH: 6.8
TA: 60

The water started to clear slightly but the particles that were floating in to water started to gather at the top. I shocked the pool because the clorine was low (this was before the number at the top) and in a few hours the water turned a greenish-yellow color. What happened? How do I fix it?

help me please

Re: blue cloudy water to green semi-clear water???

Postby Guest » Sat 12 Jul, 2008 10:36

emilee23 wrote:my water was cloudy blue. I worked and worked to get the number I have which are:

free clorine: 3
pH: 6.8
TA: 60

The water started to clear slightly but the particles that were floating in to water started to gather at the top. I shocked the pool because the clorine was low (this was before the number at the top) and in a few hours the water turned a greenish-yellow color. What happened? How do I fix it?

help me please
muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Sat 12 Jul, 2008 10:54

Do you use city water or well water to fill your pool? How big is your pool? If you use well water there is a chance there is copper in your pool and the high chlorine level from shocking caused it to precipitate out. With your pH so low it should go back to normal failry quickly as the chlorine level lowers. This could also be caused by still having organic debris in the pool and the color change is a result of the chlorine doing its job. When you have a cloudy blue water situation you need to keep your chlorine at shock level until that level holds overnight. If you simply shock the pool once then let the levels lower you will not kill everything and once the level lowers more algae will immediately start growing again.
APSP Certified Service Pro
Jandy Tech School
Pentair Tech Training
Raypak Heater School
5 yrs experience

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”