Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
cantera
I'm new here
I'm new here

green water

Postby cantera » Fri 25 Jul, 2008 20:53

Okay, long story short. I was out of town for 8 days and sometime while I was gone my lights went out and noone was home to reset my salt water pump. I came home to slightly green water but can still see the bottom. I put more water in my above ground metal frame vinyl pool(the kind you buy from walmart, 12,000 gal.) because the water level was a little low. I cleaned all the debris out and reset the pump. Shortly after, it indicated the salt level was low. I tested the water w/ AquaChek and it indicated my salt level was at 5.8 or 3730ppm, a little high. The last time I checked it was about 3 weeks ago and it was 5.6 or 3440ppm. I did not add a lot of water. I don't want to add more salt if my levels are not really low. I decided to let the filter pump run for about 6 hours and then turn the salt water pump on. Am I going about this the right way and is my water slightly green because my salt water pump has not been running for who knows how many days? Or should I anticipate other problems?

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”