Not enough chlorine

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
Stressed but Happy, CA
I'm new here
I'm new here

Not enough chlorine

Postby Stressed but Happy, CA » Sat 26 Jul, 2008 22:21

I tested low in chlorine. Should I increase setting to 65% and re-test it after 24 hrs.? I have a chlorine generator and it is set to 60%, PH is ideal. I have been controlling it with muryatic acid. I am not sure if it would be that simple. Is that it? Thanks,

Re: Not enough chlorine

Postby Guest » Sun 27 Jul, 2008 03:37

Do you know your CYA level? Most chlorine generators recommend a level of 60-80ppm.

You can increase your setting and then retest. I would test your CYA level though and make sure that is where the chlorine generator manual says.

Stressed but Happy, CA wrote:I tested low in chlorine. Should I increase setting to 65% and re-test it after 24 hrs.? I have a chlorine generator and it is set to 60%, PH is ideal. I have been controlling it with muryatic acid. I am not sure if it would be that simple. Is that it? Thanks,
Stressed but Happy, CA
I'm new here
I'm new here

Not enough chlorine

Postby Stressed but Happy, CA » Sun 27 Jul, 2008 21:35

No, I did not. I will do it tomorrow. I remember the pool guy saying I would not need it until next year, the same for the salt. I raised it today to 65%. Thanks a lot,
rt232

chlorine

Postby rt232 » Sat 02 Aug, 2008 09:14

I am not getting enough chlorine from my chlorinator,even though it is on high-I seem to be getting strong jets from the return,but chlorine is testing very low

Re: chlorine

Postby Guest » Sun 03 Aug, 2008 07:52

Is this a salt water chlorine generator? Do you know what your CYA level is?

rt232 wrote:I am not getting enough chlorine from my chlorinator,even though it is on high-I seem to be getting strong jets from the return,but chlorine is testing very low

Return to “Chlorine”