I'll take any help I can get. I'm totally frustrated......

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
Depression
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

I'll take any help I can get. I'm totally frustrated......

Postby Depression » Mon 28 Jul, 2008 22:02

Goldline technical support is filled with incompetent morons. When I turn on my Aqua Rite, the only light that lights up is the , "No flow" light, which flashes for about 30 seconds and then it goes off, and then nothing happens. I changed my PCB board, last week, after waiting 4 weeks for it to come in. Then today, I changed my flow switch, thinking that was the problem. Again, same problem. You would think that if I would call technical support, they would immediately diagnose my problem, since they do this for a friggin' living. Geez. Does anyone know what else I can do. Also, I had my cell checked and it's fine. Please someone throw me a bone.

muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Tue 29 Jul, 2008 20:10

Is this a new unit? If not how long have you had it installed and has it worked normally previously? Yes tech support from any company is filled with morons.
APSP Certified Service Pro
Jandy Tech School
Pentair Tech Training
Raypak Heater School
5 yrs experience
Depression
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby Depression » Wed 30 Jul, 2008 13:41

It's 2 years old. In the past week, I changed the PCB board TWICE, and the flow switch once. Also, I had my cell checked and it's fine. What next? I can't believe I'm the only guy on the planet whose had this exact problem and noone knows a damn thing. Tech support at Goldline is full of s#@%. I'm on my own with nowhere else to go.
Depression
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby Depression » Wed 06 Aug, 2008 14:27

Thanks to sablack2, my problem is solved. sablack2, one of the posters on this board, mentioned that the pcb boards come defaulted to 220v and that my power was probably 110v. Installed jumper wires on the board and it worked. Amazing how those dumb mother#$@^$ at Goldine never even thought of that after I told them 5 times what my problem was. Simply amazing for people who do this for a living and can't figure it out. Thanks again sablack2.
greg340
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby greg340 » Wed 06 Aug, 2008 19:40

You changed the board and didn't check the electric?? So who's the "dumb mother#$@^$"
Depression
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby Depression » Wed 06 Aug, 2008 21:19

My original board was modified for 110V by the pool company who installed it. The new board came with instructions and I installed it exactly like I was supposed to. Am I the only pool owner in America with 110V power. I don't think so you dumb mother#$%^@.
greg340
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby greg340 » Thu 07 Aug, 2008 19:42

Depression wrote:My original board was modified for 110V by the pool company who installed it. The new board came with instructions and I installed it exactly like I was supposed to. Am I the only pool owner in America with 110V power. I don't think so you dumb mother#$%^@.

First of all it wasn't "modified" They can be wired either way. All I was saying how are they the dumb ones when you installed it without having a clue what you were doing. And by the way I've been doing this for 25 years and its people like you that keep me going.
Depression
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby Depression » Fri 08 Aug, 2008 09:13

For someone who's been doing this for 25 years, you couldn't even figure out my problem. That's an extremely common problem, considering all the consumers out there with 110v power. Goldline told me it was ok for me to install it. Never once did they ask me if I was 110V or 220V. That is the first question they should ask when they told me to change out my pcb board. When it involves changing out a pcb board, any competent technician should've instantly addressed the power issue, since so many consumers have 110V power. But again, I can't expect too much from Goldline, look at you, you've been doing this for 25 years and you had no clue. Only to make a joke after I figured it out, not you, that it was an obvious misktake. Everyone's a genuis after someone else solves a problem. Look, if you ever need some advice about Aqua Rite, give me a shout and I'll help you out. Maybe you need to do it for another 25 years since you couldn't diagnose this obvious problem.
greg340
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby greg340 » Fri 08 Aug, 2008 16:31

When you come out and bad mouth a manufacture you wonder why I didn't reply. You made the mistake by not checking the voltage not them. They make instructions for a reason try reading them and you wouldn't have wasted tech supports time or have to replace parts that weren't bad. Checking voltage should always be the first thing you do and if you couldn't do that I'm sure there's nothing you could teach me.

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”