new owner needing help please

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
mand
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

new owner needing help please

Postby mand » Wed 30 Jul, 2008 10:16

i have a 20 x 12ft easy up oval pool about 16000lt
i have running it for a couple of months without problems, now the summer is here the pool is being used about 6 hours a day so i have been leaving the filter on 24hr daily.
over the last couple of weeks the water quality has been getting cloudy although my tests are corect reading. i was advised to shock which i did and its still the same. i used a floc and the big particles are at the bottom of the pool which i have been vacing every day for a week. no one has used the pool for a week and the filter is on constant but i still have clody water with white particles floating in it.
i thought i might need to buy a better filter. i thought i might upgrade to this sand filter
www(dot) tienda(dot) juguetilandia(dot)com/popup_i ... p?pID=2152
so will i get a better filter with this sand filter at 3000lt hour or the intex paper filter i am using now which pumps 5000 lt an hour, its
www(dot)best-buys(dot)co (dot) uk/intexfilters ... ductID=769
i have been replacing the paper filters every couple of weeks as well as washing inbetween.

Re: new owner needing help please

Postby Guest » Thu 31 Jul, 2008 00:20

The intex filter just isn't very good. A sand filter should provide the filtration you need to clear the pool.

mand wrote:i have a 20 x 12ft easy up oval pool about 16000lt
i have running it for a couple of months without problems, now the summer is here the pool is being used about 6 hours a day so i have been leaving the filter on 24hr daily.
over the last couple of weeks the water quality has been getting cloudy although my tests are corect reading. i was advised to shock which i did and its still the same. i used a floc and the big particles are at the bottom of the pool which i have been vacing every day for a week. no one has used the pool for a week and the filter is on constant but i still have clody water with white particles floating in it.
i thought i might need to buy a better filter. i thought i might upgrade to this sand filter
www(dot) tienda(dot) juguetilandia(dot)com/popup_i ... p?pID=2152
so will i get a better filter with this sand filter at 3000lt hour or the intex paper filter i am using now which pumps 5000 lt an hour, its
www(dot)best-buys(dot)co (dot) uk/intexfilters ... ductID=769
i have been replacing the paper filters every couple of weeks as well as washing inbetween.

Postby Guest » Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:48

thanks but would i get a better filter out of the sand system that runs at 3500lt per hour ? or do i need to buy one of the more expensive ones
mand
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Postby mand » Fri 01 Aug, 2008 07:29

thanks but would i get a better filter out of the sand system that runs at 3500lt per hour ? or do i need to buy one of the more expensive ones

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”