Leaves, etc. in my pool.

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
fundiver

Leaves, etc. in my pool.

Postby fundiver » Thu 14 Aug, 2008 15:54

Hi, I'm presently taking care of a 900,000 litre (25,000 gal) in ground pool here in Northern Italy. Being surrounded by trees, many leaves and insects fall into the water and it is a full time job skimming the surface and vacuuming. Two trees especially, one chestnut and one hazelnut plus a large stand of bamboo deposit large quantities. I have to continually check water quality levels and being hot (water temperatures are 26-29°C) I have problems keeping the green algae under control. Will this organic matter especially degrade the quality of the water and is it advisable to cut overhanging trees back from the pool? I hope someone out there can help.

Epool

Re: Leaves, etc. in my pool.

Postby Epool » Wed 03 Sep, 2008 09:52

muffdiver wrote:Hi, I'm presently taking care of a 900,000 litre (25,000 gal) in ground pool here in Northern Italy. Being surrounded by trees, many leaves and insects fall into the water and it is a full time job skimming the surface and vacuuming. Two trees especially, one chestnut and one hazelnut plus a large stand of bamboo deposit large quantities. I have to continually check water quality levels and being hot (water temperatures are 26-29°C) I have problems keeping the green algae under control. Will this organic matter especially degrade the quality of the water and is it advisable to cut overhanging trees back from the pool? I hope someone out there can help.

1, use the pool cover to prevent the leaves and insects falling into your pool.

2,I recommend some vacuum cleaners to clean your pool.
mvp2ooo8
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby mvp2ooo8 » Tue 30 Sep, 2008 16:26

dude i would cut the whole tree down if its giving you that much problems
naw im just kidding
hell ya cut over hanging branches
trimm bushes get as much of a clear area as possible
Epool is right try to get a cleaner

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”