Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
NTX Pool
I'm new here
I'm new here

Acid Wash

Postby NTX Pool » Sat 16 Aug, 2008 16:02

I need a little help here. I am planning on doing my first Acid wash to my pool. I have a 25000 gallon plaster pool.

How to I insert a hydrostatic plug? Do I even need to. The ground is pretty dry here in Fort Worth. If my pool is withoug water for a day will it start to lift out of the ground?

I am going to rent a submergable pump from Home Depot, but that will probably leave about 3-4" of water in the bottom. How can I get rid of the rest to be able to acid wash the bottom.

Please let me know any other tips for acid washing.

Thanks

Re: Acid Wash

Postby Guest » Tue 19 Aug, 2008 09:25

I would check with local pool builders to see about ground water levels in your area. Some areas have high ground water levels no matter how dry the weather has been.

Submersible pumps usually will drain all but the last inch or so of water. Once down that low, take off the main drain cover. Place the pump into an empty chlorine case or bucket. Use a cup and bail the water into the case or bucket until all the water is out.

Get an acid wash aid from the pool store. It is added to the acid solution and cuts down on the fumes.

Get a good respirator to wear while doing the acid wash.

Keep yourself hydrated while doing the acid wash. It gets really hot inside a pool with the reflected sun.

Remove your pool light and any fixtures that you can. Run water into the return lines to thoroughly rinse them out.

NTX Pool wrote:I need a little help here. I am planning on doing my first Acid wash to my pool. I have a 25000 gallon plaster pool.

How to I insert a hydrostatic plug? Do I even need to. The ground is pretty dry here in Fort Worth. If my pool is withoug water for a day will it start to lift out of the ground?

I am going to rent a submergable pump from Home Depot, but that will probably leave about 3-4" of water in the bottom. How can I get rid of the rest to be able to acid wash the bottom.

Please let me know any other tips for acid washing.

Thanks

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”