pool inspection by a home inspector

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
pilly

Postby pilly » Mon 25 Aug, 2008 13:02

We are selling our house and I was told by the potential home buyers inspector our pool is losing prime.

The inspector turned some valves on and left the hot tub bubbling. It was sucking air badly or looking like air was in one of the filters. We have a pvc pipe that helps our hot tub get air to create the bubbles. This pipe is located back behind our pool by the fence.

I don't see any leakage, wet or green areas around the pool. Our pool does not lose water either. Maybe a little evaporation once in a while but we live in Texas. We have only had to add water twice this summer.

My husband said its because the inspector left the hot tub bubbling.

Does anyone have any experience with losing prime.

The pool was built in 1994 so it is not a new pool.

Re: pool inspection by a home inspector

Postby Guest » Tue 26 Aug, 2008 22:43

Were you having a problem with losing prime before the inspector told you that you had this problem? If the pump is losing prime in the pool setting it's not something you'd miss if you're taking care of the pool yourself.

Perhaps some more info on exactly what is supposed to be happening. Pool and hot tub share the same equipment?

pilly wrote:We are selling our house and I was told by the potential home buyers inspector our pool is losing prime.

The inspector turned some valves on and left the hot tub bubbling. It was sucking air badly or looking like air was in one of the filters. We have a pvc pipe that helps our hot tub get air to create the bubbles. This pipe is located back behind our pool by the fence.

I don't see any leakage, wet or green areas around the pool. Our pool does not lose water either. Maybe a little evaporation once in a while but we live in Texas. We have only had to add water twice this summer.

My husband said its because the inspector left the hot tub bubbling.

Does anyone have any experience with losing prime.

The pool was built in 1994 so it is not a new pool.
locci_2

Postby locci_2 » Wed 30 Oct, 2013 04:49

I have seen Manhattan Beach Home Inspector Service at my grandfather's house. It is awesome to see their great dedication and responsibility towards work.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”