Cannot find backwash valve

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
vjspool
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby vjspool » Wed 27 Aug, 2008 00:01

Hi We just bought a home with a in ground swimming pool. I am trying to find the backwash valve on the filter but i cannot find it. Is there any other mechanism to backwash other than a valve that is visible near the filter. Is it possible to have filter installed without a backwash filter. I really appreciate any answers. I can post pictures of pump setup and filter. Really confused and pool is turner greener by the hour :(

Regards
Vj

Re: Cannot find backwash valve

Postby Guest » Wed 27 Aug, 2008 01:30

Posting some pictures would certainly help. What type of filter do you have? If it's a cartridge filter there won't be a BW valve.

vjspool wrote:Hi We just bought a home with a in ground swimming pool. I am trying to find the backwash valve on the filter but i cannot find it. Is there any other mechanism to backwash other than a valve that is visible near the filter. Is it possible to have filter installed without a backwash filter. I really appreciate any answers. I can post pictures of pump setup and filter. Really confused and pool is turner greener by the hour :(

Regards
Vj
hotmom6

Postby hotmom6 » Thu 09 Aug, 2012 20:26

If there is no backwash valve, after I'm done vacuuming what do I do when the filter pressure is getting to high,so I can continue to vacuum?Do I just shut it off till the Gage goes down???Someone please help I dont want to burn anything up (like the pump)
TSH Tech

Postby TSH Tech » Fri 10 Aug, 2012 02:10

This forum needs information about the filter you own before help can be provided..

It is possible to have a DE filter without a backwash valve. I've seen it done. Whoever installed it that way, probably had this brilliant idea in their head that they were going to take apart the filter every time it loaded up, because they seem to have much spare time on their hands.

IF you have a cartridge filter, this is general guide how you clean it. You do not have to have to specific model featured in this video, they are all pretty much the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N1e0CFDcNo

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”