should I fire new pool guy? Bearings on pump motor?

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
AJ

should I fire new pool guy? Bearings on pump motor?

Postby AJ » Sat 06 Sep, 2008 11:07

Our tenants hired a new pool guy to maintain our salt water pool. I got a phone call last week from them saying the pool was green and murky. The pool is three years old. Our tenants called the pool company that installed our pool, and they sent a guy out who said the cell was not cleaned and had not been cleaned in a while. The new pool guy has been on the job for a full two months. The place is in the desert, where there is a lot of calcium and seems obvious to me that when you begin a new job on a salt water pool that you check the cell on a weekly basis. Does that seem fair?

The pool company also said that the pump motor needs to be changed because the bearings have gone bad and is making noise. We're just over the warranty by a few months. Pool company said it's because of heat. This seems crazy to me as pools are typically in hot places, and the company is in the desert where we're at. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Strannik-au
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Strannik-au » Sun 07 Sep, 2008 07:51

as far as bearings go it normally happens when the pump is run dry for a period of time

cell should be inspected weekly at least until you know what is the calcifying rate, and then cleaned as necessary

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”