Clogged Skimmer

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
PM

Clogged Skimmer

Postby PM » Sun 14 May, 2006 01:06

I am not sure how this happened, but with kids anything is possible. I have a creepy crawler usually plugged into my skimmer (in ground pool). Somehow it was unplugged. There was one of those standard blow up vinyl lounge floats in the pool, except it was deflated. The float went into the skimmer and was sucked 2/3 the way down. I can not pull it out..and if I try it looks like it will tear. Is there anyway I can remove that thing or will it require major repair? Any help out there?

momwith4brats
I'm new here
I'm new here

My skimmer is clogged too

Postby momwith4brats » Fri 07 Sep, 2007 12:26

I had a Baracuda G3 vacuum and now the extension cone is stuck way down in the skimmer. I have very low pressure and am trying to figure a way to get it out. Help my pool is not staying clean.
mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Fri 07 Sep, 2007 13:25

I am not sure how this happened, but with kids anything is possible. I have a creepy crawler usually plugged into my skimmer (in ground pool). Somehow it was unplugged. There was one of those standard blow up vinyl lounge floats in the pool, except it was deflated. The float went into the skimmer and was sucked 2/3 the way down. I can not pull it out..and if I try it looks like it will tear. Is there anyway I can remove that thing or will it require major repair? Any help out there?

You can try a drain king, they screw on to end of hose and when turn on expand in pipe and take out clogs.

you would do this with pump off, take off pump basket lid and take out basket. Insert hose into top pipe that brings water from skimmer and turn on water. This might do it for you, if not then the old pull and tear floating seat is going to do it with pump off.

I had a Baracuda G3 vacuum and now the extension cone is stuck way down in the skimmer. I have very low pressure and am trying to figure a way to get it out. Help my pool is not staying clean.

Turn off pump and remove anything hooked up to the skimmer hole. You can use the DR. scissors that are long and normally can grab it. If you think it is stuck in pipe between skimmer and pump, then try above. If this does not work use air compressor with blow nozzle at the pump basket pipe. wrap a shirt around nozzle to stop back pressure and it will come out.

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”