Newbie to forum and pools...another vac question....

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
BeachBum
I'm new here
I'm new here

Newbie to forum and pools...another vac question....

Postby BeachBum » Sun 14 May, 2006 21:36

I bought the Hayward Nav for my new pool. I have no clue how to use this. I read the book, watched the DVD and it seems pretty simple. I paid extra to have a "vacuum stub out" (that's what they called it) installed so I do not have to go through the skimmer thingy.

Got everything hooked up and go to plug this thing in to the "stub out" and I can't see how it stays connected? The "stub out" is threaded on the inside and the end of the Hayward tubing is smooth so it will not go in or hold. Am I missing a part? Am I a moron? There is tremendous suction coming from the "stub out" so it seems to be working. Can it be that simple that I am missing a part?

Also, do I have to do anything at the filter/pump area? Like switch a valve or anything?

Sorry for the elementary questions................your help is SINCERELY appreciated.

rickc

Postby rickc » Mon 22 May, 2006 18:25

Yes there is a part you need. It is a wall fitting that screws into the threaded end. This part has a flap on it that opens where the vac hose connects and the flap has a tab on it that keeps the hose connected. Good luck

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”