Chlorine and acid drum feeders

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
in2thegarden

Re: Chlorine and acid drum feeders

Postby in2thegarden » Wed 14 Sep, 2016 15:51

I work for a botanical center, and we have a very special set-up. We have a mini-Mississippi river, that is essentially a wading pool for kids. I have an underground reservoir that hold about 3,800 gallons. We have a pump that moves the water from the reservoir to top of the river, where it flows through grates in the delta that drain back into the reservoir. Our river flows between perennial beds, and kids often add sticks, mulch, sand, other organic things found in a garden, to our water system.

We have a Chemtrol ORP and pH reader, and use acid and liquid chlorine auto-injectors to sanitize the water. I am having a difficult time balancing a good ORP level with a FC level that is within state standards of 2-4. The mechanicals add CL to clean the water, but then FC levels are too high. What other steps can I take to help the ORP be higher without too high FC levels?

sammantrao
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 55000liter Pool

Re: Chlorine and acid drum feeders

Postby sammantrao » Tue 24 Jan, 2017 01:54

hi guys,

i wanted to know if basic garden water timer can be used to dispense chlorine. I wanted to know if the plastic of will withstand liquid chlorine coming out of it and for how long.

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”