No suction at skimmer and air!!!!! Need Help

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
htownjunky
I'm new here
I'm new here

No suction at skimmer and air!!!!! Need Help

Postby htownjunky » Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:14

After this hurricane came through last week i used my vacuum to suck up some leaves and debris. I'm not sure if that was a mistake or not but now i get no suction from the skimmer, my thing by the pump that sucks in water doesn't fill up and air bubbles blow out of the vent things inside the pool. I've reached into the pipe in the skimmer and pulled out some leaves that were blocking it and i pulled out some crap in the pump as well but i still can't seem to get a strong suction and have air coming out of the jets in the pool. I've always had air bubbles for the most part but then they would clear. I'm heading to the store to get a new o-ring because i've noticed some cracks in the current one by the pump.
I've released air out of filter valve and filled the thing by the filter and turned it on but no such luck. Should i put hose down pipe at pump toward pool and try to blow the clog backwards toward the pool?
Any suggestions?

Re: No suction at skimmer and air!!!!! Need Help

Postby Guest » Wed 24 Sep, 2008 19:48

Pick up a drain king (sometimes called a drain king) from pool store. It connects to the garden hose and forces water through the line. You can run it from the skimmer end or the pump end or both.

Make sure the pump lid isn't pulling air in. You should be able to hear it when you turn off the equipment if it is pulling in air.

htownjunky wrote:After this hurricane came through last week i used my vacuum to suck up some leaves and debris. I'm not sure if that was a mistake or not but now i get no suction from the skimmer, my thing by the pump that sucks in water doesn't fill up and air bubbles blow out of the vent things inside the pool. I've reached into the pipe in the skimmer and pulled out some leaves that were blocking it and i pulled out some crap in the pump as well but i still can't seem to get a strong suction and have air coming out of the jets in the pool. I've always had air bubbles for the most part but then they would clear. I'm heading to the store to get a new o-ring because i've noticed some cracks in the current one by the pump.
I've released air out of filter valve and filled the thing by the filter and turned it on but no such luck. Should i put hose down pipe at pump toward pool and try to blow the clog backwards toward the pool?
Any suggestions?
mvp2ooo8
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby mvp2ooo8 » Tue 30 Sep, 2008 16:45

htownjunky
you clogged your pipe with debris that you vac up
next time use a canaster or just leafmaster that sucker
i belive your impeller is also clogged
after you unclogg your pipes
youll need to unclogg impeller
if you have a PAC-FAB challenger you can do it yourself