News and announcements
from the Pool Help Forums.
Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Pool Pro
Exclusively tiled concrete pools

Become a Moderator

Postby Larry » Tue 11 Nov, 2008 03:55

If you would like to become a moderator for the Pool Help Forums applications are now open. Please post your application here or sticky me.

Thanks
Larry

muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Tue 11 Nov, 2008 22:50

Hello Larry. I would like to become a moderator. I am not sure exactly how to apply but I can list my qualifications in the field. I have been in the business for 6 years. I am an APSP Certified Service Professional. Besides the basic tech 1 and 2 schools I have approx. 30 hours in advanced water chemistry and 20 hours in various other aspects (motors, swimming pools and pets, cover installations, plumbing, etc.). I have completed Jandy technical school (pumps, heaters, control systems, and salt water generators), Raypak heater school, and Pentair's technical school. I also have completed some of the online tests Hayward offers. The company I work for offers closing/openings, new construction, renovations and repairs- most of which I do myself. If I need to do anything else please let me know.
APSP Certified Service Pro
Jandy Tech School
Pentair Tech Training
Raypak Heater School
5 yrs experience
Phlimm
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby Phlimm » Sat 22 Nov, 2008 16:07

I don't want to be a mod, but just a note on the operation of the forum. It seems that if I check the "Log me on automatically" checkbox and try to login, I get an error.
Phlimm
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby Phlimm » Sat 22 Nov, 2008 16:09

Well I tried to edit my previous post to add in the error text, but cannot edit here...so this is the error received. Using Win2000 with Firefox v2.0.0.14

phpBB : Critical Error

Error updating session key

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'havuz_org.pool_sessions_keys' doesn't exist

INSERT INTO pool_sessions_keys(key_id, user_id, last_ip, last_login) VALUES ('e4e1be1d7bbfe8e59f9c5175e4c77c5b', 6793, '48d0198b', 1227388084)

Line : 235
File : sessions.php
Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Pool Pro
Exclusively tiled concrete pools

Postby Larry » Sun 23 Nov, 2008 15:48

Thanks Phlimm
The software for the forum is a little dated and is being upgraded.
aquamom
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
TF-100 Test Kit
BBB User- Salt Added

Postby aquamom » Mon 24 Nov, 2008 08:59

Hi Larry,

I would love to be a moderator. I have had a lot of experiance with phpbb (this one needs MAJOR updating,LOL) forums. I use to own/run several private mom groups.

I am a SAHM, so pretty much live on this thing when I have freetime. And we have a 27x52 AGP that I do all the maintence on. Cleaning/chems, What ever it takes to keep it sparkling clean!! So I would love to help out anyway I can.

Thanks,
Laura

Added post that ended up in spam trap due to word "po*?!n"

Hi Larry!
WOW finally after many long months I can actually log back in! Anyway, I agree with muss. I just got some po**n site invite from wetgirl. NO THANKS!
Anyway, I like the idea of a private group. It doens't take much to register and it helps keep down the spam bots. PHPBB type forums are notorious for getting a lot of spam. At least that was my experiance when I was running my own phpbb forum. I personally had to approve each membership. At least that way I could see a legit email address from a fake one.(spam bot)
Also, I would love to be a moderator. I will update my info in my profile as well.
Thanks, Laura

Return to “News & Announcements from the Pool Forum”