fibre tech pool problem

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
aembry

fibre tech pool problem

Postby aembry » Wed 19 Nov, 2008 20:29

I purchased a home last year that had a fibre tech finish on it. Pool looked great until we had to drain it...got consent from the pool refinisher.
He said it would be ok to drain it so we did. Our pool guy said it was necessary to get the chemicals right as he was having a difficult time getting the free cholorine to measure at all. So we drained it and immediately the same day started filling it back up...there was 3 spots that started peeling. I was not happy about that. Called the installer of the liner who said it was ok to drain and he could not give me a reason that this happened. He said the materials were under warranty but to recote the whole pool cost me $1500 in labor. Took them 2.5 days from start to finish. I wanted the whole thing done so you could not see the spots, as he said if I didnot do the whole thing I would notice them.
Any suggestion as to why it peeled?

Sil D

fibre tech pool problem

Postby Sil D » Thu 10 May, 2012 09:02

:x :x [b]beware of fiber tech......i had same issues on fibertech over gunite, the 30 year warranty is a joke, they will say chemistry of water is out of limits, even though pool service company maintained and said was always in limit.....google fiber tech and you will find many complaints....their work is very shoddy, the do not stand behind the product and it is very expensive to take this bogus coating off and return to gunite...i am in the tampa area and had problems the first year and they immediately denied, you also soon start to get fiberglass particles in water causing your skin to become severely itch, thus the pool even becomes unusable.

Sil :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :problem: :problem:
digidutch

fibre tech pool problem

Postby digidutch » Sat 30 Jun, 2012 16:26

Sil D wrote::x :x [b]beware of fiber tech......i had same issues on fibertech over gunite, the 30 year warranty is a joke, they will say chemistry of water is out of limits, even though pool service company maintained and said was always in limit.....google fiber tech and you will find many complaints....their work is very shoddy, the do not stand behind the product and it is very expensive to take this bogus coating off and return to gunite...i am in the tampa area and had problems the first year and they immediately denied, you also soon start to get fiberglass particles in water causing your skin to become severely itch, thus the pool even becomes unusable.

Sil :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :problem: :problem:

Amen. Have same issue with them. They came out and basically said it was the chemicals. The original tile is 20 years old and blue so obviously it is discolored at the waterline as expected after being there 20 years in Florida sun and chlorine pool. They concluded that the chemicals where off even though it has been maintained well. They wanted to 'fix' at a cost of $2000. So much for warranty. Fibre Tech is only in pool for 8 years. Whish I knew how to fix or get rid of it. I can see the concrete pitting where the FT is gone. Looks crappy.
fibretech a scam?

Re: fibre tech pool problem

Postby fibretech a scam? » Thu 09 Feb, 2017 13:41

These complaints remind me of the driveway finisher's who apply a cheap coating guaranteeing it with nothing in writing and take peoples good money then give excuses for why it failed. Surprised? While some say it works the guess is not enough time time has passed to prove trouble isn't waiting in ambush down the road. Ask customers who have the same pool composite as yours and had the work done at least a year ago for their impression.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”