Pump needs new Impeller?

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
missguidedone

Pump needs new Impeller?

Postby missguidedone » Sun 21 May, 2006 16:04

I have above ground pool - Astral Pool pump - 1800 series, self priming and sand filter. The other day I went outside and the hose had fallen off the skimmer holder. The pump/filter was running and made a clicking noise that I had never heard before. The water had drained out almost to the bottom of the skimmer. I refilled the pool and since then the pressure going into the pool and sucking out of the pool is low. I cleaned the filters - cleaned the sand, it is ok. It still runs, but not like it should, I have bypassed the solar because of the low pressure. Could the impeller have broken when the water was low? The filter seems fine. The pump sounds fine and is running, it is somewhat hot to the touch.....but I dont know if it was always hot...it's not HOT HOT :? :?
Thanks from a mechanical genius....

missguided
I'm new here
I'm new here

Used wrong screen name

Postby missguided » Sun 21 May, 2006 16:13

I have above ground pool - Astral Pool pump - 1800 series, self priming and sand filter. The other day I went outside and the hose had fallen off the skimmer holder. The pump/filter was running and made a clicking noise that I had never heard before. The water had drained out almost to the bottom of the skimmer. I refilled the pool and since then the pressure going into the pool and sucking out of the pool is low. I cleaned the filters - cleaned the sand, it is ok. It still runs, but not like it should, I have bypassed the solar because of the low pressure. Could the impeller have broken when the water was low? The filter seems fine. The pump sounds fine and is running, it is somewhat hot to the touch.....but I dont know if it was always hot...it's not HOT HOT
and computer savant.........
Lena.Gomes@us.army.mil

filter not pumping high pressure on gauge even when off

Postby Lena.Gomes@us.army.mil » Sun 28 May, 2006 19:57

missguided wrote:I have above ground pool - Astral Pool pump - 1800 series, self priming and sand filter. The other day I went outside and the hose had fallen off the skimmer holder. The pump/filter was running and made a clicking noise that I had never heard before. The water had drained out almost to the bottom of the skimmer. I refilled the pool and since then the pressure going into the pool and sucking out of the pool is low. I cleaned the filters - cleaned the sand, it is ok. It still runs, but not like it should, I have bypassed the solar because of the low pressure. Could the impeller have broken when the water was low? The filter seems fine. The pump sounds fine and is running, it is somewhat hot to the touch.....but I dont know if it was always hot...it's not HOT HOT
and computer savant.........
Lena.Gomes@us.army.mil

Re: filter not pumping high pressure on gauge even when off

Postby Lena.Gomes@us.army.mil » Sun 28 May, 2006 20:05

I just opened my pool and turned on my filter.The fiter gauge is showing high pressure but there is no filtration going on.When I shut the filter the gauge is still showing high pressure.Do I need a whole new filter?I hope not it is only 1 year old.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”