lack of pressure

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
Theron

lack of pressure

Postby Theron » Sat 10 Jan, 2009 10:28

all of a sudden this morning there is hardly any pressure building up in my skimmer box as a result the barracuda is not able to work.
I have backwashed, cleaned everything my salt cholrinator ect.
Obviously there could be air in the system but I have checked and rechecked and all is perfect but still no pressure build up. Please help?" :x

Pooltech32
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Pooltech32 » Wed 14 Jan, 2009 20:25

Have you checked your impellor? sometimes stuff gets in there and you get no flow
Pool repair guy
lonestar
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby lonestar » Wed 28 Jan, 2009 11:36

Check your pool filter pressure guage. If it is high the filter is dirty and must be cleaned. If it is zero, your pump is either not priming, or the impeller is clogged.

The best way to check the impeller is to take the pump apart. Personally, I check the impeller by using a long needle nose pliers. With the pump off, open the pump pot and remove the basket. Stick the needle nose pliers into the opening going towards the impeller and try to grab out leaves etc that may be stuck in there. If you do find debris in the impeller it will take a while to remove most of it with this method. (The only way to remove all of it with certainty is to open the pump up.)

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”