Cost to Drain, Acid Wash and Refill pool

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
Kody in Chandler

Postby Kody in Chandler » Mon 09 Feb, 2009 12:10

How much should it cost to have a 12,000 gallon pool drained, acid washed and refilled with all the necessary chemicals?

MARCELLE TAYLOR

Postby MARCELLE TAYLOR » Fri 05 Jun, 2009 20:24

V
Kody in Chandler wrote:How much should it cost to have a 12,000 gallon pool drained, acid washed and refilled with all the necessary chemicals?
Kody in Chandler wrote:How much should it cost to have a 12,000 gallon pool drained, acid washed and refilled with all the necessary chemicals?
MARCELLE TAYLOR

Cost to Acid Wash a 12,000 Gallon Pool

Postby MARCELLE TAYLOR » Fri 05 Jun, 2009 20:31

Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Denali » Fri 05 Jun, 2009 21:51

Not sure you'll get an answer on this. The price will vary greatly from different parts of the country especially if you are including the cost of refill water.

Post the prices you are being quoted including exactly what they will do and add. Some companies will sand after the acid wash, some just pour the acid and call it done.
305Finest

Postby 305Finest » Wed 22 Jul, 2009 16:41

I received a quote from a pool company in my area for $650; I also received a quote from a handyman for $1700. I am goind with the reputable pool company
elf

Postby elf » Fri 24 Jul, 2009 16:58

acidwash prices will vary depending on who you use, a company who has a small crew, size of pool, if it filled with algae, if filled with tons of debris, if the company is busy or starving.

$650 seems fair if you have a big pool or pool with a spa attached, with them also cleaning pool filter and adding all chemicals needed after acidwashing leaving you ready to jump in.

as for sanding pool after acidwashing it, would depend on if thats what you want as it's just another added expense and not needed if acidwashed correct. I would think if needed the homeowner let the pool go in maintaining it and the pool had deep staining which needed stronger acid mix to get rid of metal stains so sanding would rid the possible etching feel on feet.
ttony

Postby ttony » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 01:01

czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 16 x 32 gunite21000 gal., Diamond Brite Blue, Swimquip XL pump, DE36

Postby czechmate » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 14:37

????????????
the ricker

Cost to Acid Wash a 12,000 Gallon Pool

Postby the ricker » Fri 19 Aug, 2011 23:34

MARCELLE TAYLOR wrote:

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”