Pool Rules

Rules and etiquette for the Pool Forums.
Use a descriptive subject for a quicker response
Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Pool Pro
Exclusively tiled concrete pools

Pool Rules

Postby Larry » Fri 27 Feb, 2009 07:02

No running, no jumping, no diving.

OK, seriously, we request the folllowing when using these public forums:

• Try to use descriptive titles when posting a new topic. It makes it easier for us because we know what to expect before we read the thread. Compare "Please help" and "I messed up" to "Water level dropped overnight" and "I added too much chlorine - now what?".
  • Try to adhere to English writing standards; i.e. at a minimum use Capital letters at the start of a sentence and break your post into sentences and paragraphs.
  • DO NOT SHOUT!
  • Avoid profanities. If you feel the need to swear say "#!!?%" or something similar.
  • Refrain from posting adverts or links not directly related to the post in question. That includes things like, "Our company can fix your leak. Call 0800-spammer or visit http://www.example.com". If you wish to partner with us or you want to advertise or promote your site or product on these forums, then contact me to discuss it.
  • Have fun here. Ask your questions, help others with their problems and share your fun-filled pool experiences (as well as the downers) .

Happy swimming
Larry

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Pool Rules

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 04:48

Hi Larry

What's happening to prevent the flood of spam that is clogging up the "New Posts"
When I log on I check "New Posts" and it is virtually full of spam
It's getting to the stage that I can't be bothered to filter through the crap and it could eventually destroy the forum which would be a bad thing as I feel it has been beneficial to countless people around the world
CGPoolman
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Pool Rules

Postby CGPoolman » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 08:30

Agreed. There is a lot of great discussion on here, but being able to find it gets harder and harder! Anything I can do to assist?

-CG
czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 16 x 32 gunite21000 gal., Diamond Brite Blue, Swimquip XL pump, DE36

Pool Rules

Postby czechmate » Sat 17 Aug, 2013 20:55

This has been for a several years very helpful site to many pool owners, including me.
Just about a month ago I decided that spam posted junk was too much for me to swallow.
So checking in today, I was pleasantly surprised, that someone through the moderator capacity decided to put this website back in order.

Thanks!!
IowaToyotas
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Just bought a new home, its a salt water pool 15x30 standard, surface: concrete, Pump unsure, filter unsure.

Re: Pool Rules

Postby IowaToyotas » Sun 25 Sep, 2016 17:13

I'm trying to post some pictures that are 1.35Mb and i"M unable to post. What is the maximum attachment size?
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 06:12

Due to the vast amount of spam it's impossible to sort through to answer and get a decent answer to your problems here
Try troublefreepool to get a response
Leblancchris
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16x32 humpback haven

Postby Leblancchris » Sun 28 Apr, 2019 12:05

How long does it typically take to preview a post? I tried to post my first topic this morning and it’s still not live.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 28 Apr, 2019 16:12

You have managed to post here so it should be instant
Ianburton01
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have a 15ft x 30ft outdoor, in-ground liner pool with a Roman end. Not sure how old, it was here when we moved in, but I think at least 30 years. We have a big old yellow Certikin sand filter that I'm told was made in the 80s, I change the sand a couple of years ago and the internals looked perfect, and a Certikin pump that I suspect is as old as the pool.

Postby Ianburton01 » Fri 21 Jun, 2019 02:56

Hi Larry,
I've just join and I'm looking for some help regarding a pool light, thing is, I can'r figure out how to post/ask my question?

Kind regards
Ian
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 21 Jun, 2019 03:12

Ianburton01 wrote:Hi Larry,
I've just join and I'm looking for some help regarding a pool light, thing is, I can'r figure out how to post/ask my question?

Kind regards
Ian

Hi Ian and welcome
We don't hear much from Larry
Just click on Forums and select the most appropiate one then select New post
Jessica60
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Jessica60 » Fri 21 Jun, 2019 06:49

Larry wrote:No running, no jumping, no diving.

OK, seriously, we request the folllowing when using these public forums:

• Try to use descriptive titles when posting a new topic. It makes it easier for us because we know what to expect before we read the thread. Compare "Please help" and "I messed up" to "Water level dropped overnight" and "I added too much chlorine - now what?".
  • Try to adhere to English writing standards; i.e. at a minimum use Capital letters at the start of a sentence and break your post into sentences and paragraphs.
  • DO NOT SHOUT!
  • Avoid profanities. If you feel the need to swear say "#!!?%" or something similar.
  • Refrain from posting adverts or links not directly related to the post in question. That includes things like, "Our company can fix your leak. Call 0800-spammer or visit http://www.example.com". If you wish to partner with us or you want to advertise or promote your site or product on these forums, then contact me to discuss it.
  • Have fun here. Ask your questions, help others with their problems and share your fun-filled pool experiences (as well as the downers) .

Happy swimming
Larry

hello! thank you for the links
Jessesun
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 100m x 80m, commercial

Postby Jessesun » Thu 02 Sep, 2021 06:56

I want to add my signature here, but seems no place to add, right?
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 02 Sep, 2021 09:11

In the top right hand corner there's a person icon where you can add your profile and signature

Return to “Pool Forum Rules”