Pool Problem Requests - IMPORTANT info

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
amiodek
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Postby amiodek » Thu 08 Mar, 2012 00:00

Hi,
I recently bought a house with a concrete pool and spa and up until now, I've done okay. The last couple of days I have noticed that the pump won't hold it's prime. I have a Navigator and it doesn't appear to have anything trapped. I am having trouble taking the cylinder out of the filter...don't seem to have enough strength (if you have a tip for doing this, I'd appreciate it) and I haven't been able to clean the inside of the filter. Would that have anything to do with the prime issue?
leds lighting

Jake337

Postby Jake337 » Sun 27 May, 2012 11:39

Hello.

I am setting up my pool for the first time. I have all the chemicals ready to go working with a local pool store.

My question is:

My first step is adding super sequest and I am wondering how soon it will be safe to swim for adults and children.

It's going to be 95 degrees today and we would like to jump in. Should I wait to add the supper sequest tonight before bed or is it safe to start it up right away.

Pool is a 15x48 above ground pool.

Thanks
Estehanon

High CYA level

Postby Estehanon » Sat 20 Apr, 2013 16:40

Hi Larry...its nice to start learning about pool maintenance. I used to checked the water quality of our pool after we dismissed our pool maintenance as the water since 2011 was always cloudy and never sparkle. For a month now the water CYA level was 150. Due to this I went to a pool store with a water sample for test. The result were as follows: FAC 15; TAC 15; CH 250; CYA 110; TA 110; pH 7.5; TDS 900; Pho 300.

I partially drained the water about 5 days ago that is why the CYA level goes down to 110. They adviced me to repeat the partial draining so as to delute the CYA once water is added. My question: How can I maintain a good water quality after the CYA level goes down to its normal range?
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Mon 22 Apr, 2013 17:31

You want to maintain a Free Chlorine (FC) level that is at least 7.5% of the Cyanuric Acid (CYA) level in a manually dosed pool. To prevent CYA from continuing to build up, you can use chlorinating liquid or bleach as your source of chlorine. You also probably need a better test kit, either the Taylor K-2006 or the TFTestKits TF-100.

If you have a sand filter, then you can consider adding some Diatomaceous Earth (DE) to it to improve filtration if your water is still not crystal-clear. These and other topics may be found in the Pool School .
jlynn149
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie
My Pool: Walk in beach front like access goes about 9 feet deep.

Postby jlynn149 » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 13:01

helpful info! Thanks!
jenythomas001
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie
My Pool: A high quality and technologically advanced pool filter require to be installed so that pool water gets free from all sorts of dirt and impurities.

Postby jenythomas001 » Wed 10 Jul, 2013 03:45

Thanks for this post, i will try to implement it personally. But what chemicals should i use to keep it clean.
Thanks & Regards
Jeny
Pool Filters
Pool filter cartridges

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”