Pool Problem Requests - IMPORTANT info

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
jenythomas001
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: A high quality and technologically advanced pool filter require to be installed so that pool water gets free from all sorts of dirt and impurities.

Pool Problem Requests - IMPORTANT info

Postby jenythomas001 » Wed 10 Jul, 2013 03:45

Thanks for this post, i will try to implement it personally. But what chemicals should i use to keep it clean.

Rjb10111

Re: Pool Problem Requests - IMPORTANT info

Postby Rjb10111 » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 09:57

I need a main drain cover for a commercial pool size 14 by 14 does anyone know where I can get it?
Poonamdpi
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby Poonamdpi » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 02:24

Hello,

If anybody facing the problem regarding their swimming pools then you should contact with the swimming pool builders. Because they are experts in solving any type of pools problem.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 02:59

Poonamdpi wrote:Hello,

If anybody facing the problem regarding their swimming pools then you should contact with the swimming pool builders. Because they are experts in solving any type of pools problem.

I don't think so, that's why these forums are so popular. A lot of pool builders are living in the past, they know how to build but are not experts at maintaining neither are some pool maintenance firms. Why anyone would just dump pucks and shock into a pool and increasing their CYA to unmanageable levels beats me
Alayne
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18 x 36

Postby Alayne » Thu 27 Jul, 2017 05:06

New liner - leaking have lots of air bubbles in shallow end HElP
belizeangial
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Intex Ultra Frame 24x12x52". Sand/salt filter system.

Postby belizeangial » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 13:50

Hello, I'm a new Intex above-ground pool owner in Belize,Central America and is in need of help in regulating my chemicals. Pool was set up on the 6th. Sept.and filled, water circulated x 6 hrs., then Boost cycle x 12 hrs., and on Friday 8th. the Salt/Sand filter was turned on. There was some greenish tinge to water prior to Boost, disappeared after boost cycle was completed!.

200 lbs Salt, was added to pool after filling as per instructions for first fill prior to Boost cycle!.
Sand (75 lbs) added to pump. Pump pressure remains at 2.5.

Intex 8,000G Ultra Frame.....Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System with E.C.O, Model ECO020110-1 & 15110-1. DID NOT use Glass Sand!.

Have not installed crawler vac as yet, that'll be done today!. Pool cover has been in place since Friday!.
Problem: Unstable chem results!.

On Saturday 10th. SWS (Saltwater System) was run x10 hrs., same on Sunday!. 08:30 am -6:30pm, then Sleep cycle during the night.

First Testing on Sunday 10th. are as follows using a 7-Way test strip. FC(free chlorine) BR(bromine) TC(Total chlorine) ALK( Alkalinity) pH TH(Total hardness) CYA (Cyanuric acid)

FC: 1-3
TC: 5
pH: 8.4
TA: ?......what is this measurement?. TH (total hardness100
CH: ?...
CYA: 40
ALK.. 100

My pool:8K gallons above-ground Ultra Frame
Pool chemicals:Saltwater/Sand Filter pump system.

Monday 11th...
FC 1-3
TC 3
ALK..80
pH..7.6
TH..100
CYA..40

Tuesday 12th. 09:30 am. This time I used a four way test-strip that came with the pump.
FC..5
pH..6.6
ALK..60
CH..0

Please help!.
I just purchased Trichlor, ALK Increaser and Decreaser, Algae guard 60 4-In-1 and a Clarifier. All these are HTH products.

Please Help!.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 16:51

First of all get a decent FAS/DPD test kit (Taylor K2006C or TF100) or similar. Your strips results are all over the place
TA is total alkalinity
CH is calcium hardness which you don't really need to bother with a liner
The difference between your FC and TC is your CC (combined chlorine) which you don't want
Pressure is that 2.5 bar or 2.5 PSI (a lot of difference) clean or dirty pressure (backwash first to check clean pressure)
Don't add anything yet untill you get more precise numbers
Check out these links for a better understanding
Pool School
Slam
Chlorine / CYA Chart
Pool Levels
The use of these common chemicals will be more economical
Liquid chlorine (sodium hypochlorite or plain bleach)
Muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) to lower pH and TA
Bicarbonate of soda to raise TA
Aeration will raise pH only
Soda ash will raise pH and TA

With a SWCG you need a higher CYA as indicated in Pool Levels, you can use the Trichlor pucks to raise this before going over to your SWCG
For every 10 ppm Free Chlorine (FC) added by Trichlor, it also increases Cyanuric Acid (CYA) by 6 ppm.
For every 10 ppm FC added by Dichlor, it also increases CYA by 9 ppm.
For every 10 ppm FC added by Cal-Hypo, it also increases Calcium Hardness (CH) by at least 7 ppm
wulongheyot
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Just purchased a home with an inground pool. We don't know much about it, first time pool owners. I believe its approx 15K gallons, concrete pool

Postby wulongheyot » Wed 09 May, 2018 09:31

Problem: Chip in the bottom of the pool

Just closed on our house, it has a pool. Proud first time in ground pool owner! It's concrete (I believe, at least it feels like concrete, it's not smooth, if you rubbed your elbow against it, it would definitely hurt.

So on the bottom of the pool there is a pretty large chip, about 4'' in diameter, it's about 1/4'' deep. Any suggestion on how this can be fixed? Looking for 'DIY' tips. Would pool putty work? I don't believe it's causing any issues, other than I'm worried if left untouch will continue to chip away. Not to mention when kids push off the bottom the edge seems a bit sharp.
Is there an underwater application I can use? Or should I bite my lip and call in some pros. Any advice is much appreciated.
Chucktin
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Chucktin » Tue 22 May, 2018 05:05

Hmm not much activity here?
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 22 May, 2018 05:25

Chucktin wrote:Hmm not much activity here?

What is the point of joining the forum if this your contribution
Chucktin
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Chucktin » Thu 24 May, 2018 12:48

Hey not trying to be rude, just looking for help,.
Cesolar
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Ulrich Pool

Postby Cesolar » Wed 30 May, 2018 05:46

Thanks for that info!

I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: My pool was installed sometime in the mid 1980's. I have lived in house since 2013. Vinyl Liner. Sand Filter.Chlorine Pool (No Saltwater). Since moving in I have replaced the sand (twice). New Pump, New Chlorinator, New Multi-Port on my Hayward Sand Filter.

Postby Anf15 » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 13:06

Anyone ever seen anything like this before..

Grey Matter that vanishes when brushed and ALWAYS comes back.

Tried everything...Vaccum to waste, chemicals, replacement items. Always comes back.
Attachments
download.png
download.png (47.63 KiB) Viewed 3643 times
IMG_1567.jpg
IMG_1568.jpg
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 14:09

Well if you really have tried everything no point in asking us Lol

It is very fine silt from whatever source, it will pass right through your filter. I bet you have a big pump and a small filter which makes it worse but what you could try, get one of your wifes best fluffy cotton towels and scrunch it up into the skimmer basket. you'll have to keep stirring the water up so it doesn't settle again.

Some you could vac to waste but you'll get through a fair bit of water doing it.
Anf15
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: My pool was installed sometime in the mid 1980's. I have lived in house since 2013. Vinyl Liner. Sand Filter.Chlorine Pool (No Saltwater). Since moving in I have replaced the sand (twice). New Pump, New Chlorinator, New Multi-Port on my Hayward Sand Filter.

Postby Anf15 » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 14:35

Thank you for that advice. You mentioned it is a "fine silt from whatever source". In the past I have vacuumed to waste, but it ends up coming back a couple of days later. What would be the original cause of the silt? How can I make it so it never ever comes back once I remove what is in there now?

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”