Beadcrete

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
Pool Newb

Beadcrete

Postby Pool Newb » Thu 19 Mar, 2009 18:41

We are about to resurface our inground marbelite pool. We have heard some comments about Beadcrete and would like to hear from people who have had Beadcrete in their pool for a season or two. :D

Beadcrete looks nicer than Pebble Tec and is softer and gentler on the feet. But how does it last and what problems are there afterwards?

Any feedback please :?:

Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Pool Pro
Exclusively tiled concrete pools

Beadcrete

Postby Larry » Wed 25 Mar, 2009 02:59

The trend where we are is towards Beadcrete and away from Pebble Tec. Beadcrete looks nicer, feels softer and is easier to clean.

As far as durability, time will tell. I don't imagine there being any major problems with Beadcrete, however.

Larry
kiwipool

Beadcrete Not the Answer

Postby kiwipool » Sat 27 Oct, 2012 22:39

Beadcrete,

It started with a his and a roar in Australia and New Zealand but then the guy who came up with the idea sort of sneaked away why is any bodies guess maybe warranty was the problem.

The problem was that it is very hard to get the Glass Beads to stick to Cement stick to Cement and of course being round every time you vacuum the pool you end up with lots of little beads of glass in in the basket.
Now of late someone in the USA saw the lovely samples and loved it now it is being sold the USA.

So to sum up it has either oxides or printers ink as the color base which of course as we now fades.

What is the answer simple mix up the traditional marble throw in some Colored Quartz (say 5-10%) and call it a fancy name, really it is still marble which is great and like the sample shown to you by the salesman.

So what is the answer well it has taken 14-15 years to develop and it has been developed in New Zealand and it is 100% Quartz no Oxides and it is color fast, yes it uses a blend of White Quartz and Colored Quartz to produce a range of colors.

Due to be released in the USA when a Distributor is found the product has now shelf life because the Cement is added at the site when being applied.

For more information go to http://www.poolquartz.co.nz and learn about Armadillo Pool Quartz. :thumbup:
kiwipool

Beadcrete

Postby kiwipool » Sat 08 Dec, 2012 14:52

Larry wrote:The trend where we are is towards Beadcrete and away from Pebble Tec. Beadcrete looks nicer, feels softer and is easier to clean.

As far as durability, time will tell. I don't imagine there being any major problems with Beadcrete, however.

Larry

Saw a Beadcreste pool in Fiji the blue oxides have all faded and is delaminating it is 6 years old. Its a mess.
Pool User

Beadcrete

Postby Pool User » Wed 06 Mar, 2013 14:40

We were going to go with Beadcrete and then I did some research. It was crazy expensive compared to other brands. and alot of the reviews said that they were happy with the finish. I called my pool builder and he brought to us a sample of JewelScapes. I got to feel the product and we chose to do JewelScapes Tahoe Blue in the pool. I am happy with our decision.
Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.nptpool.com/pool-finishes/jewelscapes
kiwipool

Beadcrete

Postby kiwipool » Sat 09 Mar, 2013 00:58

Pool Newb wrote:We are about to resurface our inground marbelite pool. We have heard some comments about Beadcrete and would like to hear from people who have had Beadcrete in their pool for a season or two. :D

Beadcrete looks nicer than Pebble Tec and is softer and gentler on the feet. But how does it last and what problems are there afterwards?

Any feedback please :?:

Recently saw a pool done in Beadcrete in Fiji about 4 years ago, the colors have bleached out because it used oxides as the base color, it is a mess, has to be re - done.

The other problem is the glass beads are hard to get to stick to the cement used and the can damage the pump.

Being re done in Armadillo Pool Quartz which has no oxides and is 100% Quartz and color fast.
Kiwi.
Jeffrey Leeke

Beadcrete

Postby Jeffrey Leeke » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 08:31

I cant believe that they have to gall to still sell this product. I am not afraid to tell of you of my bad experience and that is why my name is shown in full. In 2008 I had a beadcrete surface applied to my 50 000 litre new concrete pool and it spoiled what should have been the crowning glory to the $110k construction.

It does not sparkle, it is dirty and discoloured. It stains easily and is a complete disappointment. The supplier in Sydney refused to enter into discussions and would not return my calls. I have had to suck it up and will now look to chip it completely off and use a different product. I nearly fell over today when a work colleague was all excited and told me they had selected beadcrete. Well guess what response she got from me.

Flatly Don' t Go There!:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Feel free to contact me on jaleeke@optusnet.com.au and if in Newcastle feel free to drop around and see my disappointment before I take to it with a hammer.
razor

Re: Beadcrete

Postby razor » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 11:50

We also had a bad experience. Our pool kept leaking and our engineer said it was the cement mixed
With the beadcreate did not hold. We have many leaks and now have to refinish our pool completely.
We found out that pebbletec was using coal fired plants in china to make the product, then stopped
Doing that in favor of using gas fired plants. Later we learned they stopped making beadcrete. Well
To us that is an admission it was an inferior product. and now pebbletec refuses to make it right. good
thing i am a lawyer and will bring them to justice.
calypso
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: We are a pool supplier and consultant

Re: Beadcrete

Postby calypso » Wed 06 Nov, 2019 06:00

There was a number of pools that had problems with Beadcrete from the beads falling out of the cement and then the problems with dye leaching as the glass beads were only coated similar to M&M candy.

The current best 100% glass product on the market is PebbleGlass manufactured by Pebble Pools Thailand where the glass is 100% solid therefore colour fast, There are many Pools in Thailand that have this product and also a combination of PebbleCrete and PebbleGlass all with good results

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”