Pool sweep and filter problems

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
joepool
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Built-in, freeform, whisperflo, pentair.

Postby joepool » Tue 07 Apr, 2009 20:00

Hello, I have two problems with my pool equipment. First the gauge on top of my Pentair filter goes from clean to dirty within a day after cleaning it. I open up the filter and it has some debris, but not at all dirty to the point where it shouldn't operate. Then the pool sweep stops or goes very slowly. I am not sure if air is getting into the filter and if so does that matter. When I notice this, I turn off the pump, open the valve on top of the filter to release the air, clean out the basket at the pump, make sure it fills with water, cap it and turn the pump back on. Within seconds water flows from the valve on the filter and everything appears ok until the next day. What am I missing? Can someone please help me? Thank you, JD

muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Sat 11 Apr, 2009 10:11

More than likely the two problems are related. When your filter pressure goes up flow is being restricted which is probably affecting your cleaner. Do you have a cartridge or DE filter? If you have a cartridge filter have you tried using a degreaser? The problem with your cartridges could be oil and grease which would be harder to see than debris.
APSP Certified Service Pro
Jandy Tech School
Pentair Tech Training
Raypak Heater School
5 yrs experience
petterz88
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 300x1000 square meter with 5 feet deep

Postby petterz88 » Wed 15 Apr, 2009 03:47

joepool wrote:Hello, I have two problems with my pool equipment. First the gauge on top of my Pentair filter goes from clean to dirty within a day after cleaning it. I open up the filter and it has some debris, but not at all dirty to the point where it shouldn't operate. Then the pool sweep stops or goes very slowly. I am not sure if air is getting into the filter and if so does that matter. When I notice this, I turn off the pump, open the valve on top of the filter to release the air, clean out the basket at the pump, make sure it fills with water, cap it and turn the pump back on. Within seconds water flows from the valve on the filter and everything appears ok until the next day. What am I missing? Can someone please help me? Thank you, JD

maybe the filter your are using is old or you need to replace a new one, or something dirt stock on ur filter , if are were u take some assistant,call a plumbing expert if u want.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”