or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
Ian
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12 x 6 mtr in ground liner pool

Green line stain at water mark

Postby Ian » Mon 13 Apr, 2009 06:48

we had a new in ground liner pool put in last year and as soon as the relevant company added chemicals to the water a green line developed around water edge which has been unable to be removed by the said company they have now agrred to change the liner but i am worried that the problem will be repeated.No one seems to know why or what caused this can anyone please help

Aquaclear-NZ
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: ingound, 50,000L, gas heated, low energy pump and cartridge filter

Green line stain at water mark

Postby Aquaclear-NZ » Tue 14 Apr, 2009 03:23

when you say added chemicals - can you be a little bit more specific as to what they added and quantities ?
The mark can be as a result of adding too many chemicals in one go and reacting with something in the fill supply - providing it happened as soon as it was filled.
I have deal with a lot of builders and installers over the years who think they know what quantities of chemical to add on startup - unfortunatly no one ever told them to leave a bit of time in between adding them. :thumbup:

If you are on a town supply, the fill water should be fine, but dont add more the 2 -3lb of any chemical in one hit, and leave it for a 3 - 4 hours between dose's
Chocolate fish do not swim in hot water

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”