Anyone have experience with EZ Pool ??

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
indylady

Postby indylady » Sat 25 Apr, 2009 15:38

Hi,
I'm new here. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with EZ pool??
Is it good or bad?? I currently am using Chlorine, etc. but am considering
changing to EZ pool. One of my coworkers swears by it.

shannon

Postby shannon » Tue 28 Apr, 2009 14:08

love it - just shock on sat. night, ez pool it on sun. night and that's it for the week - no problem
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Wed 29 Apr, 2009 01:08

You can read more about it here and here. It's a combination of chemicals, including copper sulfate so you need to be careful about staining plaster surfaces if the pH rises. Also note that it is not a sanitizer -- it keeps algae from growing (i.e. it's a pesticide), but it does not kill bacteria quickly enough to be called a sanitizer. The only EPA-approved sanitizers are chlorine, bromine and Baqua/biguanide/PHMB (and Nature2 with non-chlorine shock, MPS, at high spa temperatures).
bigbear

Postby bigbear » Thu 27 May, 2010 15:07

We have been using EZ Pool for the last three years in our inground pool. We have had no problems with it at all. My pool is set to start filtering at 0900 and the Polaris starts cleaning at 1000. The polaris shuts off at 4pm and the pool shuts off at 5pm. I keep chlorinr tablets in a floater in the pool when we are not swimming and shock it as needed or after a large group of people swimming. I add 5 1/2 scops every Sunday and test my water once a month. After initial balanceing in the spring it is ez pool once a week. It does not get any easier, we love it
the myth

Postby the myth » Sat 26 Jun, 2010 01:09

ez pool was the best invention ever..shock pool once a week, ez pool next day and then vacuum the res from the ez pool off the bottom. once a week and thats it. dont even have to test water. water will never be more clear either.
hammer

Postby hammer » Mon 09 Jan, 2012 14:31

worst ever over priced useless

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”