Pool leak fiberglass pool

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
tbendtsen

Postby tbendtsen » Sun 03 May, 2009 09:05

I have a fiberglass pool, 1 main drain , 1 skimmer , 2 returns.....
after winter , water level was over returns that were plugged....and above light, and just below skimmer....

When filter comes on by a timmer , there is low water in the filter motor and takes about 10 -15 seconds to fill.....after running I notice small air bubbles in the filter motor ....

When I vacume I shut the main drain and notice on the returns small air bubbles comming out and alot of air bubbbles in the motor.....after a couple of days water level drops and a light coating of mud is in the pool....

tbendtsen

Postby tbendtsen » Mon 04 May, 2009 17:37

I also notice when the filter shuts off the filter basket is full of water , but as I watch it an air bubble comes form the outlet side of the basket. A bubble comes up every minute or so ...
ChuckGeo
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby ChuckGeo » Thu 07 May, 2009 17:27

Sounds like you might have a leak in the skimmer line. The only way to know for certain is to pressure test that line - contact your local professional for the test. The mud in the pool could be a symptom of a skimmer line leak, especially if you have a sand filter, as a sand filter will allow fine particles to pass through the sand and return to the pool. Is the mud heavier near the return fittings?
Good luck,
Chuck
Owner, Superior Pool Services
25 years leak detection experience

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”