pressure guage

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts

pressure guage

Postby Guest » Fri 27 May, 2005 18:51

What should the pressure guage read on a sand filter? It is hovering around 18-20, sand filter. The pool is over-ridden with algae and I backwashed twice, but it is so green I can't tell how long to backwash.

I also can't get rid of the algae. I have shocked it twice, today with 4 bags and used the spot kill. It is still a very dark green almost black. How long should it be like this and should I use anything else?

We are new at this and the pool was here when we bought the house.

Re: pressure guage

Postby Guest » Thu 02 Jun, 2005 14:35

Anonymous wrote:What should the pressure guage read on a sand filter? It is hovering around 18-20, sand filter. ....

I also can't get rid of the algae. I have shocked it twice, today with 4 bags and used the spot kill. .

18-20 sounds good on the gauge, you probably want it no more than 25

Sounds like you need a LOT of algacide. Have you gone to a pool store to ask their advice? You should.

Re: pressure guage

Postby Guest » Thu 02 Jun, 2005 14:38

You should also read the manual for the filter. If you don't have it, try the manufacturer's website.
Gov
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

pressure gage

Postby Gov » Fri 03 Jun, 2005 15:53

My pressure gage reads around 10-12...you are supposed to backwash when it get 5-7 over initial start-up pressure.
econdave
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby econdave » Thu 16 Jun, 2005 05:48

filter filter filter, vacuum vacuum vacuum. Make sure chlorine level is a little high.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”