No chlorine

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
Charliearthur

No chlorine

Postby Charliearthur » Sat 27 May, 2006 22:35

This is my third year with my pool (28 ft x 4 ft deep - circle). When I removed the tarp, it had a lot of brown sediment on the bottom and sides. I added 18 oz of algicide and 1 left over bag of "shock" from Wal-mart from last summer. Vacumned, then tested with a strip. No chlorine. I added another bag of shock. Tested again 15 to 30 minutes later. Did this 6 times - never any chlorine. Then added three more bags of shock I bought from Home Depot yesterday. Testing after 15 to 30 minutes each time. Water temp is about 68 degrees. I vacumned a second time and got some more stuff off the bottom. I have not done anything to get the stuff off the sides, but most of it seems to be gone now. What do I need to do to get some chlorine to register? Please advise.

Charliearthur

No Chlorine

Postby Charliearthur » Sat 27 May, 2006 22:39

I should have added that in my first 2 years, I never had this problem. Perhaps after 3 or 4 bags of shock everything was go to go.
LL

Postby LL » Sun 28 May, 2006 18:42

I am a pretty new pool owner, but after adding 6 bags of super shock to my pool yesterday, and not having it register on my test strips, I added one gallon of muiratic acid to lower my PH levels and 4 gallons of liquid chlorine. Now I have too much chlorine, and cloudy water, but this might give you a starting point.

Return to “Chlorine”