Help me with these clouds please!

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
cloudygurl

Postby cloudygurl » Wed 13 May, 2009 13:13

Okay, opened the pool about 2 weeks ago. It was REALLY green and filled with algae. I've been shocking it constantly and the green is finally gone. Now I can't get rid of the milky, cloudy water. Day before yesterday brought the water to the pool store for testing. Ended up adding Calcium, later stabilizer, and then shocked overnight. Seemed to help a little. Added clarifier yesterday evening and the pool looked much better this morning. Shallow end looked clear as did the upper part of the deep end. At the deepest portion of the pool, still cloudy but I could see the bottom finally! Took sample back down to be analyzed and they said water was fine just to keep shocking. Added another 4 pounds of shock this morning, and water became almost immediately super cloudy again to the point where now I can't see the bottom again. Pool is 20,000 gallon in-ground with a vinyl liner and cartridge filter. Running fliter 24/7. Thoughts?

FC: .1
TC: .7
pH: 7.7
TA: 96
CH: 183
CYA: 51
Water temp is about 70 right now.

chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Sat 16 May, 2009 13:09

Shocking with chlorine MAINTAINED at a high level and continual filtering and brushing are key. See Defeating Algae.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”