COVERSTAR pool cover

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....

Re: COVERSTAR pool cover

Postby LADYDI » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 19:04

My husband replaced my rope(2nd time broke) and figured out that it may take 2 people to install. The rope tends to twist and then frays as it is going back and forth; rodents aren't chewing it.
My automatic pool cover has tears . Does anyone have a good recommendation for patches. This is the 2nd Cover Star cover I have installed.

Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie
My Pool: 54 x 16

Postby Princessr » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 23:05

Will an automatic safety cover reduce humidity and save energy in door pool or does it have to be a solar cover?
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 01:48

Any cover will reduce the humidity and heat
For an indoor pool you would need a solid cover as you don't have any solar gain
Steve R

Postby Steve R » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 13:20

I had a CoverStar installed 2 years ago. Though the initial purchase and install was fast, since then everything has been slow and miserable. You will wait months for service, the customer service is horrible. They don't return calls and whenever you are lucky enough to talk to someone they are quick to let you know that everything is your fault, not theirs.
Lots of automatic covers on the market now for much less than CoverStar and with better reviews. As far as the "ropes" used in CoverStar covers, they are well aware that the ropes are weak and need to be replaced regularly....... that is their hook. They know they are going to get $800 a year from customers in just replacing ropes.
I strongly encourage anyone considering a CoverStar pool cover to look elsewhere. It is a large investment with even bigger headaches!

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”