Baqua Pure Sand Filter Issues..Please HELP!!

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
michele

Postby michele » Tue 19 May, 2009 19:47

Hello all,
We have a 27' above ground pool that we bought in 2007 from Rec Warehouse. It has a Baqua Pure sand filtration system. When we turn on filter system water spews out from multi-port valve, and around "collar". We have taken apart, and checked O-ring, and used magic lube, but when we turn back on, we have the same issue. We have tried to contact Rec Warehouse for assistance, and they are totally useless!! Please help!!

thegolfninjayahoo.com

Postby thegolfninjayahoo.com » Tue 09 Jun, 2009 16:22

I can bet your sand filter is cracked ( the blue ball) ...its happened to me twice and rec wharehouse has replaced it both times at no charge ....I'm waiting on the second one now :oops:
Pswanson

Postby Pswanson » Wed 24 Jun, 2009 10:38

I have a cracked ball as well and Rec Warehouse in Orlando does not want to do anything about it. They have replaced my ball once but now they tell me it is my problem. I was also told on the phone that Sand Filters are the "bottem end " of filters and they no longer sell them. THANKS... REC WAREHOUSE for selling me crap!
Sonnyb52

Postby Sonnyb52 » Sat 27 Jun, 2009 16:26

I am currently on my second ball, all which have cracked. Third one to be installed next week. In reading warrenty info these balls do have a 10 yr warranty. The first three years at 100% after that it is prorated!!! Rec Warehouse is currently trying to use the original date of purchase with me, but I see it as each time that ball is replaced its a new ten years.

Also I noted that these balls are to be installed on a solid surface. Mine was just placed on the grass by the pool and has shifted maybe 15 degrees. I think that may add to the stress.
cowboy34

Postby cowboy34 » Fri 01 Jul, 2011 07:32

[quote="thegolfninjayahoo.com"]I can bet your sand filter is cracked ( the blue ball) ...its happened to me twice and rec wharehouse has replaced it both times at no charge ....I'm waiting on the second one now :oops:[/qu

how did you get a holt of them every number i try says there out of service
J.L.lane

Postby J.L.lane » Thu 29 Mar, 2012 08:12

32Looking for a clamp that goes on a Baqua 22 inch filter.Parts #505-1940

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”