Baqua Pure Sand Filter Issues

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
MIC68
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 27' above ground w/baqua pure sand filter

Postby MIC68 » Tue 19 May, 2009 20:55

Hello all,
I have a 27' above ground pool that I bought in 2007 from Rec Warehouse (big mistake). It has a Baqua Pure sand filtration system. When I turn on filter system water spews out from multi-port valve, and from what appears to be around the "collar". I have back washed, and I have taken apart, and checked O-ring, and used magic lube, but when I turn the filter system back on, I have the same issue. I have tried to contact Rec Warehouse for assistance, and they are totally useless!! Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

TK

Postby TK » Wed 20 May, 2009 21:45

I'm having the same problem with rec warehouse. My pump is only 3 years old, I started it up and it ran for about three minutes. I am also having problems with the multiport valve leaking water. Rec Warehouse says they don't sell the o-ring by itself. I have to buy the entire multi-port valve for $179.00. Add that along with the cost for a new pump, and I may as well go with a hayward pool system for $600.00.

Postby Guest » Thu 30 Jul, 2009 13:58

I ordered an o-ring on line about a month and a half ago for the baquapure 22 inch filter.I got it for about $10.Add shipping to that and its about $16.I'm sorry I threw the info away.Can't seem to find my manual either.Just had it.But I can tell you that Rec. Ware. in Mcdonough,Ga had them for about $12.You may want to try them if you still need it.And I also beleive you can order just about any part for the filter and multi valve.I'm trying to find that website now. If I do I will let you know.

Postby Guest » Wed 30 Sep, 2009 12:56

try 1-800-226-7727 for the main warehouse. They should have the parts you need. The only thing is, is that you have to call back and make sure that they ship your order when it arrives.

Postby Guest » Sun 30 May, 2010 12:47

MIC68 wrote:Hello all,
I have a 27' above ground pool that I bought in 2007 from Rec Warehouse (big mistake). It has a Baqua Pure sand filtration system. When I turn on filter system water spews out from multi-port valve, and from what appears to be around the "collar". I have back washed, and I have taken apart, and checked O-ring, and used magic lube, but when I turn the filter system back on, I have the same issue. I have tried to contact Rec Warehouse for assistance, and they are totally useless!! Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

I have same problem with Rec Warehouse and sand is pumping back into my pool and I called them to trouble shoot me and they do not know how or what to do. We have had so much problems with this pool. I would tell everyone to not buy from them at all.
Pool User

Postby Pool User » Thu 09 Sep, 2010 17:25

I have a 26' Rec Warehouse pool with Baqua Pure Sand filter system which had not been usd for one season, I called to purchase a new 2 1/2 hp pump and was advised that this system is no longer in use and I would have to purchase a new filter system (filter insert) for $695.00. Tried to use system for 2 months but water would not even flutter your fingers going into pool. Ten-20 telephone calls only resulted in new moter, still would not even remove green algea. Disconnected and reconnected old filter system and works, just don't have the manual and the paper information ring on top of unit has faded. Need manuel and ring. Also water goes out both filter and backwash at same time.

Postby Guest » Tue 10 May, 2011 16:54

there is a web site aqua-man.com that sells all baqua pure parts for your sand filter, 0-rings and everything, it is a wonderful site. they can help you with everything. 05/10/11
RSEAMAN

Postby RSEAMAN » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 17:10

I have a 19 ft pool and have the same problem with my multiport .. I have changed the o-ring and it makes no difference ..
mrfixit

Postby mrfixit » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 16:45

I have felt your pain.For I have run into issues with my pool also.My pool is the Leisurebay 24' with the baquapure sand filter. There are a few things that will cause your valve to leak as i have found out. If water is leaking under the valve at the collar, my experience is that it is either the o-ring or the ball sand filter seam has split. You already replaced the o-ring so check the ball under pressure. Pump on high speed. If filter is still under warranty, Rec Warehouse will get you a new one at a pro-rated cost as they did me. If valve is leaking water out of backwash port when set to filter , then I would have to say that it is the valve gasket(white spider gasket) or you need a new valve spring. I stretched or resprung my valve spring for a couple of seasons before i bought a new one and it worked every time (no leaking). If you replace the spring yourself, make sure that you put everything back together as you took it apart otherwise when you set it to filter it may actually be the backwash. i hope that this helps you out.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”