Return Jet Aim

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
nupoolnj

Return Jet Aim

Postby nupoolnj » Sat 23 May, 2009 18:06

Hi,
New pool owner here with a question.
Is there a good angle to aim the return water jets in the pool?

Right now I have them aiming away from the opposite skimmer, but not up, just enough to see the water ripple. The pool is a rectangular shape.

Thank you very much in advance, these forums have proven to be a valuable resource to me.

nickygen

Return Jet Aim

Postby nickygen » Fri 12 Jun, 2009 21:18

That's exactly what I would like to know. My pool is also rectangular 14'x28' and I can't never figured out what's the best angle to aim the three return jets. Sorry if I don't have the answer for you but I hope we will get one . Thank you. :wave:
czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 16 x 32 gunite21000 gal., Diamond Brite Blue, Swimquip XL pump, DE36

Return Jet Aim

Postby czechmate » Fri 12 Jun, 2009 22:12

Either CW or CCW rotation, to shoot new clean water along side the wall sligtly upward to clearly see the ripple. That way you move the top water to the skimmers faster to pick up floating debris. Also, bottom drain then picks up mostly dirty water to filter, not partialy cleaned water. Another benefit is imposing slightly less restriction on return, lowering the backpressure and warming up the bottom water. I usually deploy only one skimmer to increase suction on the main drain to maximize the flushing effect in the pool. It worked the best for me for the last 30 years.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”